hey everybody

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

abcarias

hey everybody

Post by abcarias »

Hey Lit and the rest of you tarpoyakers:
Thanks for passing the dvd on to Rob. I had promised it to him also. Speaking of Rob, I went to a place he showed me and threw at a Tarpon 3 times yesterday morning before the fish blew up and off. The fish was coming up every few minutes (for a gulp of air) and I was blind casting a top water. I cant believe I had live mullet and wasnt ready for him, beginners mistake. When I first saw the fish I was afraid I would make noise rerigging and scare him off so just threw the top water. bummer :cry:. It was exciting seeing a tarpon close and personal though! When I did finally rig up for my mullet, I hooked into a 4-5 ft blacktip. Just as I hooked it the marine patrol came up to me. it was funny, they had to wait about 20 minutes for me to tire that fish out. I asked them if they wanted to help me land it, they said no :-D . I caught several nice pen fish on cut mullet just off Turkey Point and floated them. Lots of sharks, no tarpon. End of report.
¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>