neglected forum

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dbplug
Site Sponsor

Post by dbplug »

Purell will remove tree sap from a car finish. Little dab, hold on sap, remove, wipe with damp towel and wax immediately. Wish I has a car.
for petes sake
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

grim reeler wrote:When discussing a difference of opinion with a game warden, do not, no matter how much you may believe it, call him or his opinion "chicken $#!+".
Even though it is,they are and that's that.
The more I encounter Game Wardens the more I find out they are stupid. They have been known to interpret laws that are not on the books.(Excuse me,REGULATIONS) they are not laws.
I very recently had a nephew confronted by a Game Warden who wanted to charge him with littering and dredging. My nephew was constructing a duck blind. When he attemted to charge my nephew , my nephew pulled out a FWC pamphlet that stated"We do not encourage sportsmen building duck blinds on sovereign waters. It said nothing about DO NOT or IT IS ILLEGAL. When the Game Warden was confronted in writing with his own departments brochure he had to back down. All the more shows how ignorant these facists are.
They have assumed rights that go beyond the Constitution allowing trespass and seizure.
While I am not that old it does remind me of history lessons relating to Nazi Germany SS squads.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Yeah, I think I might have met your nephew Sunday evening at the 27 landing. We had been out "constructing" a blind and we all met up at the landing to watch the birds come in that evening. He told us that story we all got a kick out of it....I think some of them really do make up or "STRECTCH" the laws.
boggob
Site Sponsor

Post by boggob »

Unfortunately, regulations are laws. Agencies are an extension of the executive, empowered by the legislative.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

If you have small kittens or puppies with lots of fleas, you can wash them with dawn dishwashing detergent to kill the fleas and not the small animals.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

jsuber wrote:If you have small kittens or puppies with lots of fleas, you can wash them with dawn dishwashing detergent to kill the fleas and not the small animals.
I'll try that next time I catch a mess of them :lol:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

When you pick up a pack of K9 Advantix and it says ... "DO NOT USE ON CATS"..... :o

BELIEVE IT :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Derfish

Post by Derfish »

Another kayaking tip: When your about a mile offshore and trying to paddle in to beat a thunderstorm, it helps to have your fishing poles tethered in the rod holders. A power stroke can easily konck your favorite rod and reel into 6 feet of water. :smt010
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
bballchrism

Post by bballchrism »

when using a kicker motor mount do not exceed the weight recommendation lost my 94 evanrude 15hp that way :smt010 :smt010 i hope its making a good artificial reaf
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

Do not ever drink 1 and a half beers, then goto the St Marks reed, and try to fish for a few hours. If you do this a retarded FWC guy will try to accuse you of being drunk and give you a sobriety test on a moving boat. But look for the retarded FWC guy to almost fall in his own damn FWC boat while asking that person who we will not call Mojokoko if he needs help to get back on his boat. :o
flatpicker
Site Sponsor

Post by flatpicker »

bballchrism wrote:when using a kicker motor mount do not exceed the weight recommendation lost my 94 evanrude 15hp that way :smt010 :smt010 i hope its making a good artificial reaf
send me the numbers :-D
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Canoe towing basics

Post by KarstRanger »

My wife and some visiting friends decided they wanted to drift down the Suwannee in our 16ft. aluminum canoe and asked would I tow them upriver a few miles instead of loading the canoe into the back of the pickup.

So we loaded up the canoe with cooler, radio, life jackets, paddles, etc. and hooked up the lead rope to the jetski and off we went. I started off real slow and all was OK. So then I was pulling at about 10 mph and was making decent headway upriver but after about 1/2 mile that canoe went c-r-a-z-y !!

Suddently it yawed to the left and then shot right and turned broadside. Before I could hardly let off the throttle, everything and everybody went into the water!

The two kids had their life jackets on and the two ladies could swim, but we spent the next 20 minutes trying to collect slowly sinking towels, hats, runaway suntan lotion, paddles, etc. That radio is still probably serenading the bass with Led Zep.

Obviously kids, don't try this a home !!

I think if someone had dragged a paddle as a tiller, we would have been ok -- lesson learned, for sure.
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

When towing a canoe with a powerboat, rig the canoe in a harness, so the tow rope pulls from under the bow of the canoe, and you want the canoe trimmed a little heavy in the stern. :wink:
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Karst said YAWED to the left!!! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
KarstRanger
Site Sponsor

Post by KarstRanger »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote:Karst said YAWED to the left!!! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
So it's an aircraft term, and maybe I bastardized it into a verb -- BB, you got a better nautical one?

The three critical flight dynamics parameters are rotations in three dimensions around the vehicle's coordinate system origin, the center of mass. These angles are pitch, roll and yaw:

Pitch is rotation around the lateral or transverse axis—an axis running from the pilot's left to right in piloted aircraft, and parallel to the wings of a winged aircraft; thus the nose pitches up and the tail down, or vice-versa.
Roll is rotation around the longitudinal axis—an axis drawn through the body of the vehicle from tail to nose in the normal direction of flight, or the direction the pilot faces.
The roll angle is also known as bank angle on a fixed wing aircraft, which "banks" to change the horizontal direction of flight.
Yaw is rotation about the vertical axis—an axis drawn from top to bottom, and perpendicular to the other two axes.
[as dropship enters atmosphere] "We're in the pipe, five by five."