Wakulla river bass

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bakertize
Site Sponsor

Wakulla river bass

Post by Bakertize »

This is Josh Windham here using Robbie Baker's screen name. Despite what you may have heard about Wakulla River bass fishing, there are some really nice fish in the river. I went out this morning about 9'oclock, it wasnt the best of conditions (incoming tide and clearing skies) but I managed to land one nice 2 to 3 pounder and about 5 or so 12 inchers. The tide got too high about 3'oclock which pushes the fish farther up in the grass. The best times to fish are outgoing tides with cloudy, low pressure systems. PATIENTS PAYS!!!

THIS PIC WAS TAKEN IN JULY
Robert Baker
TnT Hide-a-way inc.
http://www.tnthideaway.com
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Nice catch.
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

Good fish, Josh. Thanks for the report. :D
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Good report. Thanks for the info. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
UKWILDCAT1998

Re: Wakulla river bass

Post by UKWILDCAT1998 »

Hey Josh, can u put a 17 ft bass boat in wakulla, and where do I put in? Thanks
Joe
Site Sponsor

Post by Joe »

You can either put in at the bridge on 98 or at the fort. Both launches are fresh water. The fort in St. Marks would be a more comfortable/conventional launch. The side current with no dock at the bridge can get tough, especially with the extra water from Debra.
UKWILDCAT1998

Post by UKWILDCAT1998 »

Wakulla is tidal tho, right? Last time I was in there in my friends Tadpole, very shallow around 98 bridge. Guess I just have to hit it at right time. Any bass in St Marks off 98 east of Woodville? Just looking for great bass fishing in rivers creeks or anything else around. New water is what its all aboutAny ideas????....lol. thanks.
Jeff
UKWILDCAT1998

Post by UKWILDCAT1998 »

Wakulla is tidal tho, right? Last time I was in there in my friends Tadpole, very shallow around 98 bridge. Guess I just have to hit it at right time. Any bass in St Marks off 98 east of Woodville? Just looking for great bass fishing in rivers creeks or anything else around. New water is what its all aboutAny ideas????....lol. thanks.
Jeff