Keaton????

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Kdaw

Keaton????

Post by Kdaw »

I have my kids for the holidays and would like to take my son to Keaton and do some fishing. I think he would love to get into some Sea Bass or Pink Mouths something he could catch alot of and get wore slap out. If anyone can give some advice on where to head for those I would appreciate it and so would my son. Thanks for your help, Kevin D.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

I don't know for sure, but I would say deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!! I've got a little black bass hole that usually produces pretty good. It's in 9 ft. of water and all I have to do is hook on a grub I've saved with a bit off tail and a piece of cutbait and bounce it off the bottom. I've tried it since the trout bite hasn't been very glamorous as of late and I haven't gotten so much as a nibble. I'm guessing they've gone to a little deeper water. Find you some grass or some rocky bottom in 12-15 ft. water. That's just a guess but I know I haven't done well in my usual spots in 7-9ft. I think I'm gonna get some squid and try that in the depths I recommended since the pinfish have gone too. They'll tear a shrimp off before you can say don't do it. Hope this works.

tf
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Hi Kevin, it might be a good idea to post your question in the "General Discussion" Section under "Fishing".
You might get more responses there. :)

Best of luck.
Sorry I can,t help, but I wouldn,t recognise a Sea Bass, if it bit me. :D