11/11 and 11/14

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DWilliams

11/11 and 11/14

Post by DWilliams »

Caught a few trolling, but the best bite was with cut bait at the minor feed. We had 17 in the box before we made our first dive and picked up one on spotty rocky bottom. Moved to the next spot and had a triple hookup to finish out the limit. Dove this spot and there were some large grouper, but no hogs. Tried another spot to pick up some hogs and Scott came back with a rabid trigger that he gut shot and the fish turned on him. It had tangled up his gun swam through the bands several times.

Went back 11/14/06 and instead of a good bottom bite we caught fish trolling. First time using a planer/spoon and picked up grouper and spanish on it. The third dive of the day was exceptional. We finished out the limit and picked up 4 nice hogs. The guys on the boat were reving the engine b/c they had caught 10 more keepers. Only a couple of pics.

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Very nice :thumbup: I sure would like to have made it out somewhere yesterday! Got a feeling it may have been one of the last good days this year. Those Hogs sure are pretty, I bet they would make a beautiful mount.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Awesome ! :thumbup:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

When we going?
Tom Keels
Site Founder

DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

I'm outta vacation so it'll have to be a weekend, unless I can get some comp time.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Lemme know. I sorta got gipped out of the last trip. :-D
Tom Keels
Site Founder

DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

The motor runs as good as mercury can run. doesn't idle worth a crap but screams when you shower down on it. I'll give you a call next time. The wife didn't like the cold water but was pretty happy after shooting two nice gags and those hogfish on one hole. We trolled across a few others we should have checked on.