Garmins Service Department

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rogan
Site Sponsor

Garmins Service Department

Post by Rogan »

Thought I’d share this quick fact about my experience with Garmins repair service. The screen on my bottom machine went out a few days ago so I called Garmin to check on having it repaired. The agent first asks me if the machine was under warranty. I told him it was not under warranty based on the published 12 month warranty policy on the web page. He asked me how long I had the machine and I told him just under 14 months and then he ask for the serial number. Well, after this he said I think we can go ahead and cover this under warranty and gave me a RMA # for shipping. This was Monday Jan 6th. I mailed the machine Priority Mail Jan 7th and so I called Garmin last Friday Jan 10 to see if they had received the unit. The agent I spoke with said yes we have received it and it has been repaired and is being shipped out Air Express this afternoon. You should have the machine by Monday afternoon. I just called and they verified the machine will be delivered today. The fact that the unit went out is not very supportive of buying a Garmin but this type service will weigh heavily toward my next purchase of any electronic. I know things do happen no matter what brand you buy but I give Garmins Service Department an A+ on this one! :D
"No, I dont remember where I last had it, if I knew I'd go get it" ...
jcflats

Rogan

Post by jcflats »

That speaks alot of a company's reputation! :D
"In bad need of some coastal therpy!"