*-*-BigBendfishing.net Social 2007 Planning-*-*

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

*-*-BigBendfishing.net Social 2007 Planning-*-*

Post by Chalk »

The 4th annual Bigbendfishing.net Social presented by Barry Bevis Realty will be held on February 24th, 2007 at the Myron B. Hodge Sopchoppy City Park. Directions: South on 319 from Tallahassee to Sopchoppy, turn right onto Sheldon and go to the end, turn left on to Park, the park is located 1/4 mile down Park on the right. - Map to the park

This is a chance for everyone to meet fellow forum members, place a face with a name and further define the fellowship this site has created over the years.

As with last years Social this will be a family event and a group effort on everyone's part. Everyone is encouraged to bring their favorite covered dish to share with the group. We will also need other things for the event for those that do not want to bring food, a list of what will be needed is listed below. We will be frying fish and grilling some hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids. Please bring a utensil to serve your dish.

Raffle: Everyone who signs up ahead of time and checks in at the Social will get one ticket. Additional tickets will be available for $1.00 each. All proceeds go to website redesign & maintenance.

Special Raffle Item - If you would like an additional free raffle ticket bring one new fishing lure with you to the event. One lure being a pack of soft plastics, a rapala, a mirrolure, etc. The lure will need to be in it's original bag, box, etc. We will take this lure and place it in a tackle box. The tackle box full of member provided lures will be included in the raffle.

Time - 10:00 a.m. until

Please let us know what you would like to bring in this post, we will need things like fish, cole slaw, grits, oil, paper towels, cups, drinks, ice, etc. We will have a page up this week tracking who is bringing what.

So let us know what you're bringing and how many is in your party.

Hope to see you there.....Everyone is invited
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Chalk was told this morning he wouldn't be in town, this afternoon he was told he would be :roll: ...So who knows if Chalk will be there.. if I am there I will bring party potatoes, my wife's wonderful bean and meat casserole and my charming face :lol: - There will be 3 in my entourage
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

I'll bring trash bags, paper towels, and probably something edible. They'll be three of us.
Last edited by Eerman on January 3rd, 2007, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

TC and Ms. TC will be there. Ms. TC will be bringing her world famous cole slaw that everyone enjoyed last year.

I have all the oil we need. I'll also provide several cookers. I'll also bring the hushpuppy mix, corn meal, and fixins for cheeze grits.

For those that haven't met me, I'll be the beauty in the pink sun dress.
What was I supposed to do today?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

tin can wrote: For those that haven't met me, I'll be the beauty in the pink sun dress.

We are trying to encourage participation not discourage it... :smt005 :smt005
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

JT51 will be there,I'll let you know how many I am bringing.
Oh yea, I'll be bringing some homeade baked beans. Onekeeper and Troutrent like'em.
If I can talk Mrs.JT into it she will bring some homeade tartar sauce.
Onekeper and Troutrent like that too.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I'll bring a bunch of cups and paper plates.

Wife Groovy and I for sure and hopefully a grand or two.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I will be there. :-D

We will get the social page up in a couple of days with the list of stuff we need. This will be the master list of who is bringing what.

The biggest thing we need that we always lack is some sort of microphone/speaker set up so we don't have to scream. If anyone has access to one of these and can bring it I would be most grateful.

Folks that plan on bringing things like cups/plates/forks etc. need to be at the park early. Basically if you agree to bring something that is a necessity for folks to eat, try to be there early. If you can't be there early please contact me and make arrangements to get the stuff to the park. I don't mind hauling stuff down there.

There is no weather date for this event. The threat of weather kept some folks away last year. I encourage you to come even if the weather forecast is less than stellar. There is plenty of room under the pavilion for everyone.

All this being said, you are under no obligation to bring anything but yourself. We always have plenty of food and drinks and an abundance of good times. I hope some of th folks who were new to the site last year that attended can chime in and let folks know what a special event this is.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me or Chalk.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Myself and the family plan to be there. Not sure what we will bring yet. I do have some fish in the freezer left from the fall early winter. This could be a good time to clean it out. :thumbup:
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

For any one who hasn't made one of the first 3.... This is absolutely the highlight of the year for members and friends of Big Bend Fishing Net. It's a super family affair and a great way to put faces with forum users (some of the faces are obviously "USERS") :-D Best food anywhere and the facilities are very nice. Here are a few pictures from last year.

ImageImage

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE BIG BEND FISHING NET
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImage
SOME OF THE BIG WINNERS
Finally!! A real man's reel!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Chalk helps Sir Reel find the correct
15 inch mark on the cooler he just won…

TC explains to Eerman just how the automatic fish coater works

Eerman get’n ready to plug in the automatic fish coater

Eerman demonstrating how the automatic fish coater works

Last edited by Sir reel on February 1st, 2007, 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

We'll be there. 2 adults/3 kids.

Bringing duck bites, deer ham, salad.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I plan on coming but ain't thought what to bring yet. :-?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

>---;>
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

me + 2

I'll bring whatever is needed. I'll keep an eye on the running list.
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

We'll be there, the wife, two kids and I.

I can bring a cooker, accessories and kitchen help.