St Marks 1-09-02

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Air temp at Shield's Marina was 24 at 8am. Water temp was 57 at the fort, 47 at the light house, 55 at marker 24, and 60 at the K-tower. Fishing was slow, fish very lethargic. Only short gags and grunts on LY's. The bite was imperceptable, never knew we had a fish on until we reeled in to check the bait. Got one short AJ at the tower. Fished 30, 50, and 60 foot depths. Ended the day trolling with the wind and waves picking up in 30 foot of water. We had decided to head back, stopped the boat and began reeling in the stretch 30's when we finally got a 27" gag. There was no fight in him. Guess they want it REAL slow right now. Chatter on the VHF sounded like a slow day all around. Got to try out my new foul weather gear I got from Santa, very nice.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

It was very nice of you to let us tag along with you to some of your numbers Sawbones. I thought we were going to do something in that 42 foot stuff, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Thanks again.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sawbones
Site Sponsor

Post by Sawbones »

Glad to have ya'll Tom. Always feel safer with friends near by. Sounded like a slow day all around. I think the fish were stunned from the cold, I know I was.