St George (A good plan comes together)

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BuggMann222

St George (A good plan comes together)

Post by BuggMann222 »

With the great weather forcast for Sunday in hand, the wife and I took off for the beach. She with her chair and tanning lotion and me with my ulterior motives. Headed down Saturday night to the Gibson Inn, man I hate staying at a bed and breakfast, got up Sunday ready for the beach (to fish). I was smart enough to take my time getting to the water (high dollar ham and eggs and riding through town sightseeing). Get to Fisherman's Headquarters around 9:30 for bait and the low down on the state park.
Head for the first parking area and set up. We had a good break in the bar there. Cursed myself a few times for forgetting to get a mullet (those mullet heads can scare the heck out of tourist when you drag in a large sand shark), then set up a couple of surf rods with pomp rigs for the wife and a bait caster with a nylure jig for me. The whiting hit pretty steady all day long. Had a lot of fun feeding George (a blue herron), found he has a limit of 4 decent whiting. Don't know how many whiting we caught but we kept a good mess.
Now I know some folks turn their noses up at whiting but if you know what you're doing they are GOOD.
Didn't get home till 11:00. Finished cleaning them around 12:00 AM. Just in time to cut some of that giant aloe I've been growing and rub the wife down (my wife doesn't burn either :wink: ) Let them soak overnight in a brine solution, drain them in the morning and cook them tomorrow night, that's my plan :lick: .
Not too much by-catch today, just one nice size crab (me) and one 1 1/2 ft wide sting ray (wife). No pomps. Heard rummors of pomps but none where we were.
My plan came together when my wife started talking about geting back on the flats. Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be. And with my best bud, it's "as good as it gets".
Got the fish cleaned, cut some of my giant aloe and rubbed the crispy critter wife down, time to go to bed now. Great day.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

definately came together
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
birddog
Site Sponsor

Re: St George (A good plan comes together)

Post by birddog »

BuggMann222 wrote: rubbed the crispy critter wife down,
:o :lol:

Great report thanks for sharing. Those whiting are some fine eating. :beer: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Yup, sometimes ya gotta use a little strategy. Well done. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Nice trip. Aint nothing wrong with those whiting.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Nizzeeee....whiting look real good next to a good hushpuppy :thumbup: