Water Temps

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Water Temps

Post by Sir reel »

Good morning,

Haven't heard of any one taking a water temp reading recently. Anybody know what the current conditions are? :roll: If so what was the location? Thanks.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Last Sat it was 58° in the creeks behind St. George.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

57 in the Ochlockonee river today :(
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
GeorgeP
Site Sponsor

Water Temps

Post by GeorgeP »

Here is a couple of sites.

http://www.insidesportfishing.com/SST/S ... ID=1&ID=12
Only works when there is a clear sky. Clouds block the Sats.

http://tidesonline.nos.noaa.gov/plotcom ... hicola,+FL
Only gives temps @ Apalach
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

The surface temp. here is a chilly 68. :D
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Charles, I started reading down the posts and saw that 68 degrees surface temp, like to had a bowel movement from excitement. Then saw your location. Now I'm depressed. Spent 3 years on the "Rock" myself. Loved every minute of it. Some of the best fishing I've ever experienced. Used to catch Mullet with a cast net in the canal where it emptied into the ocean, just down the bottom of the hill at Zucharan(spelling) it was 1979.
Semper Fi
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

:D You were here before me then CS. My first time here was in '86. This is my third time around with another tour on the mainland at Camp Fuji. We're up early on Sunday. I'm taking #1 (10 yr old son) spearfishing at Tengan this morning.

Back before I enlisted some friends of mine and I would head out to K Tower the first weekend after the seawater temp. at Turkey Point hit 65. The AJ's would be thick around the tower and over the barge. Do they still school up there? I realize this was a long time ago, but it happened several years in a row so I imagine it's a regular thing.

There are some big mullet over here. We've seen them over 2' long out by Tengan Pier.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hush your mouth! Spearfishing in warm gin clear water, and it's raining and nasty looking outside here in South Georgia. I spent 3 years in Subic Bay Philippines, 1972-1974. talk about some fine spearfishing. :P
Can't tell you much about deep water fishing, I'm a "grunt" by heart, so I got to stay within swimming distance of the beach. Don't think my grandaddy ever did believe me about the size of Mullet over there.

(Don't confuse the term "grunt" with the kind who swims offshore with the Grouper. Means "infantry" for all you boat Captains that always post here)
Semper Fi
TARPONMARK

AJs at K Tower

Post by TARPONMARK »

They are there off & on. Yesterday, 2/24, they were on. Caught them with live bait, jigs, even trolling.