Trout/Spanish on the Grill

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Trout/Spanish on the Grill

Post by Ron Wilson »

Looking for a quick, simple recipe for spanish/trout on the grill. Thanks in advance.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

#1. Go fishing.
#2. Catch fish.

(I'm stuck on #1. so you'll have to wait for the cooking part from someone else.)
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

A lil butter and some Cavendars Greek Seasoning...touch of salt....I did some Dale's and BBQ sauce once, it was good
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

You want quick....but good
I only use it for spanish, but should be good for trout too.

Melt about 1 stick butter in a bowl in microwave, pour in about 1/2 cup lemon juice. put in a couple of tablespoons of Seasonall or your favorite season. Sprinkle in some lemon peppers (maybe 2 Tblspoons :roll:, I never measure)

Mix it all up and get the grill good and hot. Take some HEAVY duty tin foil, fold it to double it. Let is get warm. Take the spanish filets (I filet em and cut out the red backbone) and dip them in the mixture and lay them on the grill. after a couple of minutes, flip em and spoon the sauce over em again. Do not try to turn them anymore as they will come apart. After about 4 to 5 minutes, just slide the tinfoil onto a cookie sheet or similar and serve......

Now recipes are like women.....there are lots of em out there, and a good many of them are good :thumbup:

But you wanted quick

Dubble :-D
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Chalk/Dubble,
Tried both with some spanish tonight. Tried both recipes with some cajun rice/beans, and a baked potato. :thumbup:

Added a little Cayenne pepper to Dubble's recipe and a little :beer: to the Dale's/B'que recipe. :lick:

Thanks Gents!
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

The quickest I have for the gril is:

While you are cleaning the fish, spray on some Pam or other non-stick and start your grill. Fillet trout leaving skin on and put direcetly onto grill. Cover fillets lightly with Extra virgin olive oil and your seasoning of choice, I like Chef Paul Prudom's Seafood Magic. Cook until meat flakes easily and put a little melted butter over them just before you remove them from the grill. It don't get much easier than that. The meat comes off the skin nicely as you eat, just don't let your children start throwing the scales at each other as they finish their meal :hammer: as there will be a few on the plate if they move the skin around much.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
kikstand454

Re: Trout/Spanish on the Grill

Post by kikstand454 »

i just take trout, head off clean and scale them, put about half a stick of butter and a lemon wedge in the cavity and wrap in foil and toss them on the grill. takes a while to cook through but you dont have to do much else, just season to taste. its foolproof. great while camping when you have other things to be doing while the fish cooks. the meat just falls off the bone and the skin peels off with the foil.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Trout: Low fat , Black iron skillet, rub bottom with dab of EVOO. Cover trout fillets with 3-4 spears or asparagus each, then onions, peppers, and Southern Pride seasoning to taste. Black pepper to taste. Place on hot grill covering the pan with foil. Crimp foil around edges , slit top. 15 minutes, eat trout and veggies. The asparagus and fish will be ready at the same time. Serve the pan on the table and everybody eats!! On the Mackeral, save the trouble, throw the nasty bastids back in the water!! :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Covered pan on grill? Kinda defeats the purpose of a grill and the taste the open flame gives to the food.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Chalk wrote:Covered pan on grill? Kinda defeats the purpose of a grill and the taste the open flame gives to the food.
Sometimes its best to not comment Chalk. Black Iron Skillet the afore mentioned being a seasoned pan which intensifies the flavors. If youve never cooked on a black iron skillet on a grill, you really should try it. It does a great job on redfish on a charcoal grill. Really intensifies the smoky flavor when blackening reds. I cook on a Holland grill which doesnt flame up. The hot air currents cook similar to a convection oven. Much more grilled flavor than fish cooked in a tin foil boat. You ll probably wear my azz out fishing but hoss, Im 250 lbs, down from 370. Theres two things I do real well, cook and eat!!! :thumbup: :beer:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I didn't realize body weight related to culinary prowness, sorry Emeril
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re:

Post by RHTFISH »

Dubble Trubble wrote:
Now recipes are like women.....there are lots of em out there, and a good many of them are good :thumbup:

But you wanted quick

Dubble :-D
Hmmmmmmmm.......... :roll: culinary and philosophical! Scary!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Chalk wrote:I didn't realize body weight related to culinary prowness, sorry Emeril
Thats Mr Emeril to you!! :-D Look at Food Network, the only skinny chef is Bobby Flay and he's a turd!!

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

Chalk wrote:I didn't realize body weight related to culinary prowness, sorry Emeril
I had a little Doctor Pepper burn through the nostrils after this, thanks Chalk!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :smt005
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Doctor Pepper burn through the nostrils
:smt043 :smt098 :smt082 :smt081 :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".