Trout/Spanish on the Grill

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Re: Trout/Spanish on the Grill

Post by Chalk »

BLACK SKILLET wrote: Look at Food Network, the only skinny chef is Bobby Flay and he's a turd!!
To say that Flay is a turd proves you should study the culinary arts more, though cooking on a gas grill proved that out the gate :lol: . You should read his bio on bobbyflay.com, you do not have restaurants across the nation, win culinary awards, and have multiple television shows from being a turd.

I guess Alton Brown, Gordon Ramsey (One of the most awarded chefs in the world), Masaharu Morimoto, Wolfgang Puck and like light weight chefs don't know how to cook either.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Cast iron skillet, hot grill, 1/4 stick of butter. dredge fillets in melted butter. dredge fillets in Zataran's Blackening Seasoning. melt butter in skillet till it starts to smoke...place fillets in hot skillet for about 2-3 min per side....done.

Hey BB... I had a uncle that stayed anywhere from 350-400#, I can say that it takes a pro to maintain that size......but it had more to do with quantity not quality. :wink:
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Chalk wrote:
BLACK SKILLET wrote: Look at Food Network, the only skinny chef is Bobby Flay and he's a turd!!
To say that Flay is a turd proves you should study the culinary arts more, though cooking on a gas grill proved that out the gate :lol: . You should read his bio on bobbyflay.com, you do not have restaurants across the nation, win culinary awards, and have multiple television shows from being a turd.

I guess Alton Brown, Gordon Ramsey (One of the most awarded chefs in the world), Masaharu Morimoto, Wolfgang Puck and like light weight chefs don't know how to cook either.
Dayum Sensitive, Didnt mean to step on a nerve. I guess you do watch the food network. Youre the only person I know who can name all the characters on the Food Network. Whats playing on Lifetime tonight??? Knock the sugar off your shorts, you sensitive bastid!! :-D I was trying to elaborate on the cast iron cooking method not get into a debate over culinary techniques!! :smt102 Oh and by the way, If youve never cooked on a Holland, dont knock it. It , with time , becomes a seasoned cooking chamber that enhances food much more than charcoal. Really is better than charcoal, IMO. And I dont care if Bobby Flay is Donald Trumps PImp, he's still a turd. Again, just my .02 and then some. :wink:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Barhopr wrote:Cast iron skillet, hot grill, 1/4 stick of butter. dredge fillets in melted butter. dredge fillets in Zataran's Blackening Seasoning. melt butter in skillet till it starts to smoke...place fillets in hot skillet for about 2-3 min per side....done.

Hey BB... I had a uncle that stayed anywhere from 350-400#, I can say that it takes a pro to maintain that size......but it had more to do with quantity not quality. :wink:
I chose to live smaller (and Longer) . I was just trying to talk about the cast iron method. I guess you understand about the black iron method better than he does. :thumbup: Im comfortable with my 244lbs Im at now. I still might take off a few to get to 235 but My 36" pants are loose again and its not worth starving to get to a 34". Didnt try to derail this thread but looks like we have. Sorry Ron. Why does everybody hate on me???? :smt010
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

gas grills suck, real men use wood/charcoal. might as well use microwave to cook burgers/steaks etc.... only flavor that comes from a gas grill is from the old food that is stuck on the grates burning off. now , if I wanted to bake a pie, cookies, then the gas grill would come in handy for that. ;-) :smt005

how bout that? piss anybody off?
VIVA la BT

Chalk

Post by Chalk »

BS - U started it with
Black Skillet wrote:Sometimes its best to not comment Chalk.
and then went off on a tangent about black skillets. BTW I own 5 black skillets that are great for frying things and cooking things at a constant temperature. You shouldn't assume what other people know which you have done repeatdly in the past few posts.

I'm off to eat three cakes and be a better chef :thumbup: :thumbup:
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Wasnt assuming you didnt know about black iron skillets, I understand youre from Moultrie so you darn well should. Just elaborating that cooking trout the way I cook them isnt wrong. It does give them a good flavor. All I was saying. Just saying if you dont cook youre trout like I do doesnt mean my way is wrong. Wasnt trying to start anything. I didnt realize I assumed anything about your ulinary skills and unless youre planning on cookling for me, I dont care. Now if thats an offer....... :lick: , Im there!! :beer:

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

Barhopr wrote:how bout that? piss anybody off?
:smt006 :smt006 :smt006

I am calling my local chapter of the "Gas Grillers Of America" to lodge a formal complaint against you!!! :smt011 :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

And I have a load of treehuggers heading to Bainbridge since your killing the air with your dirty charcoal!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

:smt005 :smt005
VIVA la BT

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

SURE MUST BE A SLOW DAY IN GEORGIA.... :sleep:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

nope, stuck in office burn'n up the phone lines with the fax......keep BBF open on the task bar
VIVA la BT

BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Barhopr wrote:nope, stuck in office burn'n up the phone lines with the fax......keep BBF open on the task bar
Naw ,its slow around Badcockville!! That and I dont get the opportunity to screw with Chalk often!! :smt005

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR