Locating Redfish/Trout

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mojokoko

Locating Redfish/Trout

Post by mojokoko »

I don't want anyone to give me any secrets or anything. I was wondering how you guys locate trout or redfish? Are there signs you look for besides bait fish attacking the topwater and obviously around oyster bars?
beatswork

Post by beatswork »

Depends a lot on time of year, weather etc. Winter time fish when it's cold will go further up spring fed creeks in search of that 72 degree water. I like fishing around the points and oyster bars for redfish and trout. On the flats I like to try to find sandy potholes in the grass. Fish lie in wait and attack around these potholes. I like to find rocky areas around creek mouths and let my bait drift past them as well as bars. I'm no pro, but have put a couple fish in the cooler. Find structure, something the fish can hide around to ambush their prey, could be rocks, could be grass, and you should find fish. But then you could start talking about tides, salinity, stained vs. clear water. So many variables so little time. Take up golf :smt004
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I've been using a system that Garmin has asked me to trial for them and its basically a forward, backward and side looking sonar as well as down. It uses a sonar that is much like a radome under water. The kicker is that instead of looking at the screen you wear glasses that are interfaced with Bluetooth technology and you look out on the water for up to 100 meters and you can see where the fish are located with the glasses. Works pretty good in up to 8 inches of water. i'll give you more info when the trial is over.
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

Your kidding me right?
:o
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:roll: I am field testing a ray gun Winchester Arms contacted me about. It will disrupt and disintegrate the radome sidewinding sonar equipment made by Garmin. It has a range of 200 meters.
Downside is it also disintegrates the fish . :lol:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Don't forget the pole interfaced to the glasses that casts for you. :wink:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

^ :roll:
GULP! free since 1970.
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Is this a StarTrek convention?

Post by Capt Reggie »

:hammer: Beam me up,Scotty! :smt015 beatswork said it all, except the golf stuff...golf is for skeet shooters who are bored with hitting larger targets...cry "4" said the gods of war, eh. :lol:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I am testing a secret bait under development by Berkley. I can't tell you any of the specific the details because I would be in breech of my contract.

What I can tell you is that it attracts all fish within 500 yards and causes them to go into a feeding frenzy chasing this new bait. Best product I've ever tested to date ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

:smt011
Stay Thirsty My Friends
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

:smt011 Lots of good info in what beatswork said. Now the other replies...I don't know about them boys.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

jsuber wrote:I've been using a system that Garmin has asked me to trial for them and its basically a forward, backward and side looking sonar as well as down. It uses a sonar that is much like a radome under water. The kicker is that instead of looking at the screen you wear glasses that are interfaced with Bluetooth technology and you look out on the water for up to 100 meters and you can see where the fish are located with the glasses. Works pretty good in up to 8 inches of water. i'll give you more info when the trial is over.
I hate to tell you but I'm with a company that already has the technology to see out to 100 meters and in up to 3 feet of water. Also, it requires no power source as it is solar powered. I'll go ahead and tell you now, the company is called Costa del Mar, and the trade name on the technology is this thing called polorized glass. :-D
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Barhopr wrote:polorized glass. :-D
Do they come with a mallet and a horse and maybe in a pastel color

:smt005 :smt005
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Chalk wrote:
Barhopr wrote:polorized glass. :-D
Do they come with a mallet and a horse and maybe in a pastel color

Give me a break Smart Azz, I'm posting from a handheld phone that has the smallest keyboard you could imagine.....,POLARIZED, there you happy? :-?
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Barhopr wrote:Give me a break Smart Azz, I'm posting from a handheld phone that has the smallest keyboard you could imagine.....,POLARIZED, there you happy? :-?