question

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sundown
Site Sponsor

question

Post by sundown »

For you Kodak Easyshare owners, Under setup you have the option of setting your picture size at 6.1 mp down to 1.1 mp... What effect does this have on the size or resolution of your pictures ?
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

I've never done it, but I would guess you would lose a lot of resolution.
GULP! free since 1970.
ab7bear

Post by ab7bear »

the lower the megapixel means the picture will we more "gainy" and not as clear. you will notice a huge difference if you crop the picture and try to make it larger. the larger you expand the picture the less clear it will be. the higher the megapixel the larger you can make the picture without losing clarity.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

What it really means is an adjustment to the pixel resolution. If you are only going to use your photo's for email and web postings (BBFN), you generally only need the smaller image size with fewer pixels. If you are planning on printing your pictures you should capture as many pixels as your camera allows. Printing requires more mega-pixels for photo quality 5"x7" prints. again it depends on how you plan to use the images... :roll:

I usually always use the MAX resolution, if there is a remote possibility I might want to print, but I always end up resizing (down-sizing) my images for web posting.

MJ
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.