Help one more time please.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

What a mess

Help one more time please.

Post by What a mess »

It looks like I will be able to fish the sarge and co. on Thursday.

He is staying at sgi this is not my stomping grounds at all. I have some intel that at the "cut" we may get them or drown trying. I'll be in a 2380 carolina skiff the weather should be ok.

I am looking for best bets.

They are willing to travel a short ways but everything I really know is either spring warrior or st joe bay each are quite some drive.

I would like to fish around their area any intel would be most helpful.

Safety 1st but I would really like to put them on fish.

1st choice trout and reds

2nd fast action

3rd back up whatever spanish, sharks whatever.

Thanks in advance. WAM OUT
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

You can launch on SGI at either the dirt ramp at the end of the bridge, or the ramps in the State Park. I would reccommend the second ramp in the State Park.

There is very good trout and red fishing all along the bay side of SGI. There are flats and oyster bars from one end to the other.

Hope this helps.
What was I supposed to do today?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

tin can wrote:You can launch on SGI at either the dirt ramp at the end of the bridge, or the ramps in the State Park. I would reccommend the second ramp in the State Park.

There is very good trout and red fishing all along the bay side of SGI. There are flats and oyster bars from one end to the other.

Hope this helps.
You haven't seen WAM and oyster bars have you Tin :smt005

Either take it easy in Apalach Bay or St. Joe Bay is about 25 minutes away to the west and Lanark is about 35 minutes away to the east. From what I'm hearing, I would suggest they meet you at the Lanark ramp.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Fish the back (bay) side of SGI, and DI. You should be able to find some reds and trout. :thumbup:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

You can be Grouper fishin in 2 1/2 to 3 miles out from the cut also :-D and the weather looks good for it :thumbup: :beer:
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

rocket wrote:Fish the back (bay) side of SGI, and DI. You should be able to find some reds and trout. :thumbup:
:thumbup: I concur, also fish around DI for mega spanish macks on spoons & dusters. I have fly fished the bay side of SGI and it is great for trout and some reds this time of year...go get 'em gang! :smt007
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

SGI behind the island from the bridge to the east end has good grass and oyster bars. The second ramp in the state park would be my choice to launch. Good luck.
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?