Just a blowin!! St.Marks 7/4/07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Nathan
Site Sponsor

Just a blowin!! St.Marks 7/4/07

Post by Nathan »

Launched at the Fort this morning about 7:30 and headed down river to see what would bite. Headed a little East and stopped outside Stony Bayou to give it a try. First few casts yielded two good hits and a 16" trout in the cooler, so things were looking promising. Kept fishing for awhile without anything else to show for it so I headed further East to the Cob Rock area. Started out slow here, but ended up catching another keeper trout, several shorts, a 3' sandbar shark, a couple rock bass, and a salt cat. Wind was howling all day from the East, but the run wasn't bad either heading out or in. Hope to head out again Saturday and try out a couple new areas.

Nathan
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Glad you got a few Nathan :thumbup: :thumbup:

How's that boat working for ya?
bman

Post by bman »

Good day Nathan
You are going to have to change that avatar.
Or at least start you posts saying if you took the boat or the Yak...

I imagined you paddling all the way to cob rock!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

I may have a gas guzzler now, but I'm still a yaker. :thumbup: Guess I could start putting boat or yak in the title line. Unfortunately the yak is stuck back home in Crestview though. Don't have anywhere to keep it here now.

Nathan