Skeeter boat owners

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bow'd Up

Skeeter boat owners

Post by Bow'd Up »

Any of you guys running a Skeeter boat? If so, any problems with the boat? I just purchased a new ZX20 and have had a problem with an air void in the back deck on the left side. The dealer sent it to a glass shop in Attapulgus, Ga. 3 times to try to fix the problem. Well, not fixed yet. I have a spot the size of a dinner plate that is soft an flexes as much as 1/4 inch when stood on. What's the deal with a new boat and glass problems? Just wandering if any of you owned a Skeeter with any glass problems.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

http://www.Tritonboats.com will solve all your problems,DH.
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Don't need no smart "A" answers to this,BB. You can't keep up with the Skeeter. Just looking for answers to the original question. "Bye Now"
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Bow'd Up wrote:Don't need no smart "A" answers to this,BB. You can't keep up with the Skeeter. Just looking for answers to the original question. "Bye Now"
Cant keep up?? How is that possible when youre always following me?? :oops:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

I always follow you cause your motor seems to be an oyster bar and rock magnet and I want you to hit them so I can avoid them. Plus, I like to fish your spots and save mine for when I really want to catch some fish.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Is this a new boat or new to you. If I bought it from the Dealer, they would have me camping out on there doorstep till I got satisfied.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Nevermind, I read the WHOLE post this time. How did that boat pass any kind of QC inspection and even make it to a dealer. I wouldn't take the boat off the trailer again till it's made right. Don't even leave the dealership with it. Thay'll claim you damaged it.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
bbb

Post by bbb »

The glass shop in Attapulgas is probably R&R marine. The owner and his dad used to own and build the Storm line of boats. They should know what they're doing.

However, if this is a new boat, I don't know that I would accept hull repairs on a brand new boat.

Call Rick at R&R in Attapulgas and ask him if he is the one doing the work on your boat and ask him, in a nice tone of voice, why it is not being fixed. He'll tell you straight up whats going on and if you need to be accepting this repair or not on a brand new boat. 229-465-2628
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Yep, a brand new boat. Never fished, never done nothin. As it stands, the "nice folks" at Skeeter have elected to come to the dealer, Action Marine in Bainbridge, Ga. where I purchased the boat, and load the boat on a truck, then take it back to the factory in Kilgore, Tx. to see what the problem is. I took delivery of the boat on 7/12/07 and have had it in my possesion for about a week,the rest of the time, in the fiberglass shop. Dang shame to spend the $$$$$$$$$$$$on the boat and not get to fish due to a factory fiberglass problem. Capt. Ron says his were built like a tank. What the heck happened to mine? The people at Skeeter said to fish the boat until I had time to send it back. Why would a reputable boat manufacturer want a flawed boat to get publicity?
skeeter22

Post by skeeter22 »

I have a 22 zx bay its solid hope they get you fixed up :thumbup:
bbb

Post by bbb »

So, did R&R marine have the boat in their shop for fiberglass work?
Did you ask Rick about the boat? He used to build boats so he would tell you what would be a satisfactory solution to both parties.

However if you are not going to accept a repair on a new boat, I would have had the boat up at Action yesterday.
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

I did not actually talk with the guys working on the boat, I went through the dealer. He did mention that the guy's name was Rick though. Probably the same guy you are talking about bbb. They made 3 attempts to correct the problem with no success. Rick did make a recomendation that Skeeter replace the cap on the boat and actually spoke with Skeeter about it. And trust me, Action got the boat yesterday and Skeeter is supposed to pick it up by the end of the week and take it to Tx. Looks like I'm going to be out of commision for the next 3 to 4 weeks while Skeeter fixes the problem.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

BB's due a trip!! ;-)

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Linework

Post by Linework »

Just be careful what you sign! My brother went through something similar with his bass tracker. The dealer had him sign a "release" to ship the boat back to Tracker to be replaced. It was actually a release to fix the boat how ever they saw fit. Got stuck with the same boat with an extra weld across the bottom. :smt013