Shell Point stick'in 08/29

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Shell Point stick'in 08/29

Post by bbb »

Evening started out under someones boat shed while the rain subsided. Around 9:20pm we put the lights in the water and started looking for outlines. Went 200 yards, nothing. Almost turned back but just kept on. About 100 yards later we have 1 in the box and 1 on the loose. Another 50 yards puts us in an area with a sandy bottom and lots of depth change. We spot 2 outlines about a foot and a half down. We both stick at the same time and pull up a 20" and 15" flounder. Another 20 feet and i put the gig on a 15" flounder. Then Vitz sees one that was almost invisible in 6 inches of water and sticks it. We then get out of the boat and walk up into the shallows seeing nothing but a couple reds. On the way back to the boat I see a 15" flounder an inch off the bottom about to run. I stick him. Back in the boat and drifting, Vitz gets 3 more and I get 1 more.

We then hit the sheepshead bar and put 7 in the boat in short order, 2 at 20".

We also had a 2 pound mullet jump in the boat and make the ride home with us. Off the water at 2am with 10 flounder, 7 sheepshead and a mullet.

Sorry for the bad picture with the cell phone. Camera batteries are a wonderful invention.

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

AWESOME! You guys are having way too much fun! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Dammit MAN..... :lick: Good thing ya'll stuck it out. You must have alot fish in the freezer.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Sweet. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
DF 1860DLX

Post by DF 1860DLX »

If the weather cooperates i'm gonna try to stick some at dog island this weekend.
2003 G3 1860DLX
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I've had all my stick'n gear for a couple of months, but haven't found the time to go. Ya'll giving me the fever REAL BAD :thumbup:
bbb

Post by bbb »

I'm officially hooked myself.

My wife is even happy with this sport. She enjoys having me home while the kids are awake. As long as I play while their asleep I'm gold with her.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

You should join NFGFC and come to Carrabelle and stick some trouts and snot cats with us on September 8.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Jumptrout51 wrote:You should join NFGFC and come to Carrabelle and stick some trouts and snot cats with us on September 8.
What we have here is a failure to understand....stickin' don't happen between 6AM and 3:30PM it is more likely to happen between 6PM and 3:30 AM :-D
Squall Line

Post by Squall Line »

Man, that kind of action is making me jealous! I have gone out a hand full of times just to find the visibility was blown out, or the flounder were no where to be found... Hopefully I can get into some this weekend. Good job
bbb

Post by bbb »

Here are some pics of my half of the catch

2"x12" board for reference

Wifes hand for reference. Not huge but 20" is a nice one. Puts up quite a fight when pinned to the bottom.
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

Great pics. Thanks BBB.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Jumptrout51 wrote:You should join NFGFC and come to Carrabelle and stick some trouts and snot cats with us on September 8.
Yall may not want me. I just got kicked off the last fishing website for posting too many fishing reports and not enough off topic discussion. JK

Too many HOTD posts actually.
DF 1860DLX

Post by DF 1860DLX »

Nice fish bbb I wish I could go tonight. :smt010
2003 G3 1860DLX
bbb

Post by bbb »

Me too. I'm headed to the inlaws house for the weekend. I'll hit em one day next week and then the following week the tides and moon are perfect.