tandem axle aluminum trailer wanted

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captainspride
Site Sponsor

tandem axle aluminum trailer wanted

Post by captainspride »

looking for an aluminum trailer for my 19' boat.I want a tandem axle,the boat is a 19' offshore(mako copy) it's a wide heavy boat and my single axle makes towing a chore.
thanks
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good morning CP,

If you don't mind, let me ask a question. Other than just the obvious factor of better support of the weight, what does the double axle do for you to make trailering less of a chore? Thanks for educating some of us :D
captainspride
Site Sponsor

Post by captainspride »

the dual axle gives the feel of less bouncing and jerking when you travel.It has more even weight distribution which in turn takes some of the tongue weight.Both of my boats trailer fine on the single axle but a dual axle seems to have less shift and when you trailer as many miles a year as I do, it seems to wear on the nerves when the load sifts around behind the truck.It may just be a matter of preference but the dual axles have always trailered smoother for me with a heavy boat.Its still the same load but the ride is better.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good morning CP,

Thanks for your information. I have only had experience with a single but the shift'n and bouncing that you mention I believe I am familar with. And I would sure agree that if you do much trailer'n just the extra feel of stability can make you a safer driver and less tired at the end of the trip. Thanks again. :D