Grouper on the Greenbone II Nov 18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Grouper on the Greenbone II Nov 18

Post by rx fisher »

Don got a pew pass and agreed to pick me up right from church, there were a lot of guys looking over their shoulders as they entered for 11:00 service. The greenbone pulled around and we were gone and on the water by noon. We had hoped a replay on trolling for grouper as we had in the spring, but the 3 foot rollers made the going uncomfortable on the 18 foot maverick, so we decided on some closer rock bass spots.

We started around 17-18 feet, got a few bites but mostly sandperch, kept going shallower, though most of the crowds stayed deeper. We finally found our way into 12 foot and started getting a few nice rockbass. I knew the bite was on when I brought up one, dropped it back down to another following and caught both at the same time. We at times had a half dozen flopping in the bottom of the boat the action was so heavy, we stopped fishing with a couple rods apiece because we couldn't keep up.
Then Don gets a big pull and 15 minutes later here we go.
didn't weigh or size, just a quick picture and back to the action. We quickly got close to our 10/person limit and started getting a little giddy, Don lost his footing and released the biggest rockbass of the day. He also made up for it, by bringing this bad boy on board.
8lb 26 inch gag grouper, 12 foot of water and well within sight of the light house.

The day was getting by us quick and we headed in from a great day on the water, Grouper catching on the greenbone what a day.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

Great trip. Is the 10 sea bass/guy a personal limit? There is no state bag limit except for size and common sense.

EJ
rx fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by rx fisher »

10 is the limit I want to clean.
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Post by Fishman »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Jim, not a bad half a day on the bay at all. Red fish on the grouper rig, grouper on the red fish rig, that was 2 great battles.Glad you were right there with the net on the groupa and boga for the red.Sorry for losing that huge rockbass,but didn't we already have enough to clean?? IS THAT THE LIGHT HOUSE over my left shoulder??? TOO MUCH INFO RX,NOOOOO just kidding, the fish are every where, this is a great time of year if the weather lets you get out.I can see more of the same weekend of 12/01/ 07. St George Island here we come!!! Looking forward to another adventure on the Greenbone, see ya friday.
creech

Post by creech »

Great job Don! I hope our schedules let us get together on the water real soon. :thumbup: