Anybody want these wood duck feathers

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Anybody want these wood duck feathers

Post by bbb »

I took the gold/white/black feathers off some wood ducks for another fly-tier but I can't find him. Anyways these are the feathers that are on the side of the breast, under the wing. About 2-3 inches in length and 1 inch wide.

I have 2 zip lock backs with probably over 140 feathers. I can mail you how ever many you want or you can come by my office in downtown tally and pick them up.
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Re: Anybody want these wood duck feathers

Post by Capt Reggie »

:P Yes, yes, yes! I would love to have those WD flank feathers for my next Intermediate Fly Tying Classes starting up in Feburary! How can I obtain them from you? Do you need my home address, or can I meet you somewhere this weekend? :thumbup:
My hobby is Smart Outdoors, LLC.
bbb

Post by bbb »

My office is right near the governors mansion and I'll be here til 6pm tonight and then back Wed-Fri of next week.

I take Hwy 27 north to Bainbridge on the way home and could meet you somewhere on the way home.

Call me and let me know. 544-4723 Dale
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

Thanks, I'll take them, Dale! Going to give you a call as soon as I clear this site! :D
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

I'd be happy to take off someones hands too.
Blindhog - this goes for you too!

Thanks - RB
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Capt Reggie
Site Sponsor

Post by Capt Reggie »

:thumbup: I want to thank bbb very much for the donation of all these duck feathers to help my students tie flies in our upcoming Internmediate Fly tying classes starting next month! Feathers and other tying materials can be very expensive, even when purchasing in bulk. bbb has saved the fly club a tidy sum and we really appreciate his donations! Hopefully, TallyFly will post the newsletter information so all you fly fishermen and fly tyers can read it and, possibly, join us next Monday @ Beef O'Brady's for our meeting. Again, thanks bbb for your help...if you come to the meeting, I'll buy you dinner! :P p.s. If TallyFly does NOT post the newsletter, I will find a way to do it so you folks will be informed as to what the FBBF is up to lately and on into the future. By the way, we ALWAYS need a few more good members. :lol: