Collapsable Stripping Bucket

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Good Times

Collapsable Stripping Bucket

Post by Good Times »

http://www.midcurrent.com/articles/gear ... asket.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought this was interesting. I wonder how it would work with a bow casting platform.
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Re: Collapsable Stripping Bucket

Post by noleflyfisher »

I've seen lots of folks use those Goodtimes. I think Supafly has one. I bet the work great. :thumbup:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

I got 1. The only thing I don't like about it is the diameter. I wish is were a little smaller in diameter and taller in height. Works pretty good like it is though. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

They have a sweet "princess" collapsible hamper at Walmart. I'm thinking of picking that up...Cinderella is hot and, BD, it's pink. :D Seriously though, Barhopr has a pretty cool setup that is similar. I'm sure he'll post it later. :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

I just bought a round plastic garbage can from Freds,about 28" high, used a drimell to cut out notches for the rod, drilled a few holes in the bottom to drain water, filled a 1.5" clear pvc tube with 8lbs of BB's and joined the ends together, used flextrim on the edges( more for form than function). $17 total. I figure if it last one season I'm good. so far it looks like it'll last indefinitely if I keep it in storage.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
noleflyfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by noleflyfisher »

Capt Ron, awesome setup. :thumbup:
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

nice
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
TallyFly

Post by TallyFly »

I found a collapsable laundry basket at Target some time ago and have been using it on my Kenner. I attached a string of cast net weights to the bottom with small cable wraps to keep it on-board in the wind. I have enjoyed using it and it keeps the line out of the water and out of the electric motor. It also gives me a place to hold my flyrod while I move to another spot.

These baskets come in many different sizes and shapes. I have a little oblong one that I use on my 4x8 row boat. They are really handy for packing stuff to the boat too.

Tallyfly
Supa Fly

Post by Supa Fly »

Yeah, I have the laundry basket version - think I got it in the little home area in Lowes. BD, you might like it. It's a smaller diameter and taller than the leaf basket version above. Only problem with it is that the spring in it is metal, so it rusts over time. They're only a few bucks to replace though.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

I'll give it a look Supa. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.