parasites in trout

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dowawoo

parasites in trout

Post by dowawoo »

Not sure what they are, but been finding alot of , what I hear, are parasites in trout, look like worms to me, but heard they are harmless, sure someone else has asked, but what do you do with them...been pulling them out.
:thumbup:
dowawoo
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Have not found any in the Trout.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Cookum with the Trout :o I have never removed them and my wife and youngun eat the devil out of um :thumbup: If ya eat srimp, you have eaten the worms :lol: that's where the Trout get um from "they just get a little bigger in a Trout" Once you cook it, you can not find one, no matter how hard you look for it :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

They are there DS.....Them white things in the meat...a lil butter, garlic and a captains wafer :lick:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

DS, if ya ain't seen um, ya ain't looked. 90% of the trout have worms. They don't hurt a thing after being cooked. Fry um up, and enjoy.
What was I supposed to do today?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

The best way I've found to deal with them is to leave the skin on the filets, keep the meat side down til you get em battered good, then it don't matter which side you look at, THERE'S NO WORMS. :lol:
DS, who are you getting to clean your trout? :wink: If you'd been cleaning Icky Specks, you'd just to bout have to see them. :-?
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Try some okeylocknee river trouts for them der verms..lots of verms over that way :lol: ....
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

If I notice a particularly nasty looking one I will pull it out with the tip of the knife when I am getting ready to cook them. Otherwise ignore them, the wife don't know NOTHING about worms in trout. :lol:
Ken
jka_gator

Post by jka_gator »

I've heard they don't have too many until the summer months. Any truth to that?
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

I gets them higher quality Keaton Trouts, :D dem worms don't tend to migrate that far South. :lol: Seriously I have not seen many at all.