Top Water Trout 1/23

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Leerr

Post by Leerr »

Sounds Nice!

Wish I could go in the afternoon and do that here in Alabama, Or can I... :grin:
Tight Lines and Screamin Drags...
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Capt Ron, that had to have been fun.
When you're fishing topwater down there are you close to the bank or out some? After the schooling trout of the fall, I don't have a clue about what to try n. of the bridge. I just always go up the creeks.
I guess I'm gonna come back down this Sat. I think I've been down just about every weekend but a couple since late Oct. Oughta get me a tent.
Dog
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Good advice Ron. When we get these trout figured out, they won't stand a chance will they? :smile:
I've been fishing the north part of East Bay since about '73. (bass/bream/trout) I've concentrated on Whiskey George/Doyle and Cash above the bridge. A couple of weeks ago I made the run from the bay up to Cash and bogged down a few times. Does it seem that the waters up in there are silting more? Or is my memory of the channel faulty? How do you run up in there? I found some deep water up above the bridge, but about the time I started fishing, some friends called me on the radio about a bite going on down near Goree Bridge, and didn't stay to fish it. have you done anything up there recently?
Dog
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Thanks Ron,

My dad and I have fished that creek for a long time. We've caught some nice bream and shell crackers though there using flyrods and popping bugs, and wigglers (some bass too!)

For those that are reading this and want to try the ramp there at the bridge, you said in an earlier post to watch the tides. And that's true. If you try to put in or out on a low tide, it'll be helpful to have a four wheel drive.
OD
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

I to fish cash's. I have caught lots of bream and shellcracker there. The ramp off of hwy. 65 is the best one to use. When it gets cold one of the best ways to catch bream and shellcracker is to to use a ultra light with a couple of split shot for weight and a small hook. I use earthworms, and fish in the deep bends of the creek. :grin:
phish-n-fool

Post by phish-n-fool »

Hey Gizmo,

Do you ever happen to catch any sheephead on worms while fishing for the bream and shellcracker?

Just curious :???:
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

No pish I havn't caught anysheephead but I have caught a redfish or 2. I wish I had more time to get out on the water. This is the perfect time to catch'em. Maybe I'll get to go on monday or tuesday if not to many honeydo's on the list.