Yak Rentals

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Yak Rentals

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Where is a good place to rent or try out a yak in this area? My wife is h bent on getting one and she'd rather try one out before buying. Any help is appreciated.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Yak Rentals

Post by WaltDawg »

Wilderness Way on Crawfordville Hwy in Tallahassee. I actually bought my kayak there. They have a big assortment and good prices. I think you can rent one for the weekend for $50 or so.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

WaltDawg wrote:Wilderness Way on Crawfordville Hwy in Tallahassee.
Agreed.
Here's a great site to really sift through reviews from real people.
http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The one YOU need depends on how you will use it most. A game of compromises exactly like buying a boat.
Actually listening to what other people say is worth the effort.
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

There is a new business in St. Marks called St. Marks outfitters. Captain Mike McNamara is starting it. I know he is renting yaks. across from lighthouse seafood. His number is (850)-510-7919
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

Rob over at TNT Hideaway on the Wakulla river also rents and sells kayaks. They are very helpfull and being right on the water, can give you a hands on demonstration to answer questions you may have. I bought my first kayak from Rob. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Talltails wrote:Rob over at TNT Hideaway on the Wakulla river also rents and sells kayaks. They are very helpfull and being right on the water, can give you a hands on demonstration to answer questions you may have. I bought my first kayak from Rob. :thumbup: :thumbup:
They were a BBF Sponsor. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tom Keels
Site Founder

jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Wilderness Way and TnT Hideaway here and if your in Panama City try Sunjammers.
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

Talltails wrote:Rob over at TNT Hideaway on the Wakulla river also rents and sells kayaks. They are very helpfull and being right on the water, can give you a hands on demonstration to answer questions you may have. I bought my first kayak from Rob. :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup:

I bought my first two canoes from him. Then my Dad and brother went together on another canoe. Later my kayak came from T-n-T. :D

He has a bunch of different canoes and kayaks you can rent and try first to see just what you want in a boat.
jmlockwood

Post by jmlockwood »

I had a friend in town a couple of weeks ago and we rented a pair of Native Ultimates from Mike M. in St. Marks. Great guy and I believe he is the only one around that rents the Natives.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

My Aunt used to own the rental place at the foot of the Newport bridge, (Light House Rentals). She sold it a couple years ago along with all the equipment. The last time I went by there, all the equipment was just setting there going to waste. Wonder if the fellow who bought it plans to sell all the Kayaks?
Semper Fi