Alligator Point.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Alligator Point.

Post by Reel Addiction »

Needing to satisfy my addiction, I loaded up my gear, my 13 year Son and my Gheenee and put in at the clam stakes at Alligator Point for my fishing fix. Fired up my trolling motor (going green ) and putted out to the point. The water was glass and we had just an amazing day on the water! My son caught fish all morning and just put a whooping on me. He caught his limit of trout and added two macs for good measure. ( I managed just 2 keeper trout). The best part of the day was watching the maturation process my Son has taken with his fishing skills. Anyone that has fished with their children can certainly relate. You stop spending your day as first mate, chief rigger, master baiter and line untangler. You start talking smack and betting Big Macs on "fish of the day" contest. They start asking questions like why is the tide important, what makes those gulps so good and they began appreciating the fine qualities of expensive gear.

My wife can't understand for the life of her why someone would wake up so early on a weekend morning to go fishing, but she has accepted the fact that am I hooked. She must also come to grips with the fact that I am dealing my additions to my kids. I am truly blessed to share that with them.

Tight lines everyone!
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Re: Alligator Point.

Post by Eerman »

Nothing like talking smack to the kids...mine just don't "smack" back...yet. :thumbup: :D
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

Great report, R A. You've got it all figured out :thumbup: :thumbup:
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

if you get your kids hooked you won't have to look far to find a fishig partner.
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

Excellent report. Glad you got out with your son! Can't beat that. You even caught fish to boot.
High Hope
Site Sponsor

Post by High Hope »

Got my son hooked too. Now when I awake my grandson Ryan with, are you ready to fish, he mumbles back " Grandpa I was born ready". Glad U2 had a solid day. :thumbup:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Good deal!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nuth'in wrong witht that. I didn't realize the fishing was that good over in that area.
Yours in the South
CATCH 22

Post by CATCH 22 »

With as many whoopings I've had put on me by my sons I can definitely relate :thumbup:
You’ve reached middle age when all you exercise is caution.
Reel Slow
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Slow »

WTG :thumbup: Sounds like you got a keeper :D
flounderpounder
Site Sponsor

Post by flounderpounder »

Way to go, that a great area for shallow boats! Thanks for the report. :thumbup: :beer:
g8rman

Post by g8rman »

Yeah yeah yeah.... Take the kid fishing..... Afraid of some real competition??!!
SEMPER FIsh
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

Glad to hear your addiction is taking hold. I'm still trying to get my old lady hooked.