BB and Co. St Marks 5/18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

BB and Co. St Marks 5/18

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Left the cabin @ 6 am and headed to St Marks. Listened to Bow'd gripe about my choice of travel route like normal... :smt009 . Got to the ramp and met a decent wind on the way out. Stopped at the ditch and started putting shorts in the boat right away. Bowd didnt seem to like my choice of marine real estate so in about 15 minutes he was off to the east. I told my crew he was headed to Ecky. Whatever works. I told my crew there was a storm brewing to the west of us from a little intel I recieved from CT. They asked if I wanted to follow Bow'd and I explained to them if we went we'd have to come back through the storm. Thirty minutes later lightning pops about three miles to the west. POwerpole up, hammer down. The storm was moving to the east at a quick clip so we holed up backside of the lighthouse. Called Bowd to give him a heads up. He met up with us a bit later and we headed back to a set of humps starting in 7'. Bowd asked if we were fishing for grouper and I told him he certainly didnt have to stay. Irony kicked in, one of my crew boated a 12 inch grouper. :smt009 Bow'd headed straight in forward of my drift. Seas by this time were 2-3, three hours before high tide, Water temp 72.3. We eased our way slowly in and began picking up fish. Probably caught 50-60 trout all day. Wanted to work in slowly and hit the red waters at dead high tide. Not being as familiar with the area as other places, I figured this would give me the best opportunity to explore. Wind got up to 20 and I told the guys last drift. Started out on the other end of the ditch and worked top water, suspending, and jigs on the bottom. Jigs were the ticket. Jerk worms,too. Caught 13 keepers,lost several good 'uns at the boat. Solid day. Top five LEGAL limit was 11lbs 7 oz. Top five fish were 13.3, including a 22.5 and 21.5 back to back by yours truly. Brought home 22.5, 21.5,19.99999,19.5(2), 18.75(2),a couple of 18's, and some dink trouts. Found out the St Marks truth. Outside of the spoils, in a 25 knot wind, is a rough SOB!!! True 5-6 footers, even a bit too much for 'Ol BB :o !! Got in safe, watching some fool in a blue Skeeter run right through the middle of the rock garden :o :o :smt009 . Thank God he didnt find a dragon. Think Ill carry him back at low tide and let him see for himself. Got home, and after some discussion and friendly conversations about a certain trout, pics were taken and beverages consumed. Good time and ready to head out again. Below is MY two biggest of the day. Oh by the way, thats a 150 qt Yeti, 20 inches wide the fish are on. The very bottom is Bow'ds creel, same area.

A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
birddog
Site Sponsor

Re: BB and Co. St Marks 5/18

Post by birddog »

Good job Jay. That was a dang good day of trout catching. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

nice stringer BB :thumbup: Is that Artie Griner?
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Right on Jay :beer: :beer: Sounds like you got a spot to keep in mind :thumbup:
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:o Them are some pigs! How late did you stay? I thought you said they had just started biting when I said I was heading in. :o
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

Nice mess of fish :thumbup: :thumbup:
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I hear the coast guard is looking for someone who went fishing with depth charges that day...hmmmm :smt005 Just kidding, I'm jealous :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Yes Mills, Thats Mr Griner himself. Fine fisherman. HNM, we left about 4:00. TT, there was no bet, just another situation with a trout I cant bring up on a public forum. Gets my blood boiling just thinkin about it, So I best leave it alone. :smt009 Thanks for the Kudos and I didnt fish my favorite spots, too rough to get there. :thumbup:
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Quality Time

Post by Quality Time »

Them some nice trout. Good job. :thumbup:
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Them some gooduns Jay :thumbup: Great day fishing on the Rocket-ship :-D
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Nice catch on a rough day with wind! I heard you guys on the radio...I was well up some creeks just west of Anky aggravating some redfish...! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
bman

Post by bman »

Sounds like you guys had a blast!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Outstanding performance BB :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Well done, BB.
What was I supposed to do today?
Sea Spot

Post by Sea Spot »

Good day of trout fishing for sure :thumbup: .