Treehugger........GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Treehugger........GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Post by dolphinatic »

I just came back from a small pond near our house. I had walked down there to check on the boys to see how their bream fishing was going. I got there and they informed me that some old guy had come down and given them the 3rd degree about catching bream out of the pond. He said they needed to stop "harassing the fish." They said he left to go call TPD to come out and make them leave because one of the boys said that he could fish there because his house is on the other side of the pond and their yard goes right down to the water. I told them to just stay and keep fishing and I would hang out and "wait for TPD." :lol: I grabbed a pole myself and started fishing. About 10 minutes later, the "bream nazi" showed back up with camera in hand (no, it was not one of the ones that you have to hold the flash thing in one hand and pull the hood over your head :smt005 ) He asked me quite angrily "what kind of sportsman are you fishing for little fish like that." I told him "a pretty good one I like to think." He then asked if I had a license. I said "yep, got both salt and fresh water." Then I asked if he had one or even a badge. He informed me that only kids 12 and under or adults 65+ could fish in this pond. I asked "where's the sign?" Then I informed him that the boys were releasing the few bream they had caught. He then snapped a few pictures of us and said that the pictures were going to be his evidence because he knew we would be gone before "Five O" arrived. I told him that I didn't mind waiting for them. He mumbled some other crap and then stormed off :smt006 . Surprisingly enough, TPD never showed up, so I left my phone with the boys and said to call if anything else happened and not to worry. As I walked past the guys yard, he had all the classic liberal garb displayed....."Goose Crossing, please slow down" "Obama for Change" "Vote NO on coal"...need I say more???? :roll: :smt009 :smt011 I'll report back later......I'm on my way back down with a few offshore poles....gonna throw a few 8oz. lead and a stretch 30....maybe a nice bass will hit :lick: :smt005

Watch the 5:30 news for an update :beer: :beer: :beer:
Last edited by dolphinatic on May 28th, 2008, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
birddog
Site Sponsor

Re: Treehugger........GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Post by birddog »

:smt005 Give 'em hell D. :beer: :beer:
GULP! free since 1970.
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

I wouldn't blame it on the treehugger garb, he just sounds like an a##hole. If its not his property, tell him to shove the goose crossing sign up his arse.

It sounds like you and the boys have a right to be there
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I keep a copy of this law in my wallet and my tackle box :-D :thumbup: now print it out and go file charges against the old coot :smt004 :beer: :beer:
Florida Hunter Harassment Laws
(28 Fla. Stat. ch. § 372.705 (West Supp. 1995))

FLORIDA STATUTES
TITLE XXVIII. NATURAL RESOURCES; CONSERVATION, RECLAMATION, AND USE CHAPTER 372. WILDLIFE

372.705. Harassment of hunters, trappers, or fishers
(1) A person may not intentionally, within a publicly or privately owned wildlife management or fish management area or on any state-owned water body:

(a) Interfere with or attempt to prevent the lawful taking of fish, game, or nongame animals by another.
(b) Attempt to disturb fish, game, or nongame animals or attempt to affect their behavior with the intent to prevent their lawful taking by another.

(2) Any person who violates subsection (1) is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in §. 775.082 or §. 775.083.

Laws 1990, c. 90-170, § 2.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

If you have any goose decoys maybe yall ought to dress in full camo and throw them out while you fish :-D that ought to get him goin!!
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

D, What's that address?
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

I'll defend the assault charge pro bono!
bman

Post by bman »

Lets all go fishin at the pond...
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Next time you need to take a dump, do it in a brown sack and deposit it on his door with a note that here his sack of free organic fertilizer and sign it Go Green Baby :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
QueenB
Site Sponsor

Post by QueenB »

I say we hold the next NFGFC meeting at the "pond". We can all fish!
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

No 5:30 update :o
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

just had the wife come and post bail :smt005 (just kidding). Actually, the ole codger never came back (or TPD for that matter :roll: ). By the way, thanks for info wevans :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm assuming that he went back and took his medication or someone put him on house arrest for the evening. The boys did manage to catch a few nice bream, but nothing hit my stretch 30.....go figure :lol:

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
bman

Post by bman »

Classic Tom... You should print out the regs Wevans shared and leave it on his front door!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Jeffry50

Post by Jeffry50 »

That pond is owned by Leon County anyway. You can walk around the whole thing and nobody can say a word to you.

That same guy cornered me one day and asked if FWC could do anything about hawks out there eating baby geese. He wanted to know if they could get rid of the hawks. He also said he likes the snakes around the pond because they keep the kids away.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

How pray tell does a Treehugger evolve...? :smt120
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.