Oar support & volunteers

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captain K
Dive Boards Moderator

Post by captain K »

I know ther are a a bunch of divers out there who would like to enjoy a day of diving and meet great folks. Join or visit a OAR meeting and see what they have to offer the divers & rod fishers. I think alot of us may be at the house wishing we could be out fishing if it wasn't for OAR.. :idea:
Capt. K
Team Surface Interval
Stay safe, Stay legal, Stay Fishing
Bottom Line
Site Sponsor

Post by Bottom Line »

Capt. K, as a "fellow" volunteer I really appreciate your post. OAR operates with so few volunteers that many get burned out. There are probably a dozen or so folks that really "get it done" without them the artificial reefs in our area wouldn't get put down.
There are many areas available for service. I have reworked the membership roster and have been sending out renewals for 2 years and have recently gotten another volunteer Rocky B. to help. It's important that volunteers get a break from a particular "job" to keep the organizaion from becoming stale or becoming "theirs".
We could sure use all the help we can get.
Usually, a research dive team class is held about once a year or 2 if there is enough interest. The class is limited to 6-8 people and has to be worked around Bill Horn's schedule of course. The training is a requirement for the dive team though.
If you are wondering what you can do to help immediately......become a member...without dues the door would not stay open!