BCD

This area is for discussing all aspects of diving and spearfishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

This Side Up

BCD

Post by This Side Up »

Hey guys,

I"m thinking about changing from a jacket style BC, to a rear inflate BC! I dove a couple of weeks ago with one and thought it was a lot easier to hunt with than my jacket style BC. the only thing I found a little aggervating or I should say annoying was floating on surface had to kick my fins to stay upright, but not much. What do you guys think? Any input would be greatly appreciated!! by the way I really don't do a lot (if any) sight seeing dives! Like the shooting to much! :beer:
THIS SIDE UP!
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Re: BCD

Post by Tom Keels »

I really prefer my Knighthawk rear inflate. I put 2 2lb soft weights in the trim pockets and I don't have much of a problem on the surface unless I have a really empty tank. I dive with HP Steel 120's so they keep me from pushing forward on the surface. I started out diving a jacket style BC but I will never go back.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

This Side Up

Re: BCD

Post by This Side Up »

Thanks for the info. The only people I've talked to that is in love with the jacket style are sight seeing type folks!! I really liked the rear inflate when I used it! Going to get it for sure now!

OUT
THIS SIDE UP!