Lanark Report - Rough and Cold

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

As others have said on the FS site, NOAA, and for that matter all the other weather forecast guys, should either quit making a marine forecast or get better. They are really pathetic.

The "nice and calm" forecast day was rough, rough, rough. Left Lanark Marina at 7:30, and the tide was REALLY low, but we managed to get out. Hardly any trailers in the lot, and that was a bad sign. As soon as we rounded the shoal, we started to take spray over the port side, and it was COLD. One-two foot, smooth to a light chop was really like 15 knots, and 3-5 foot. We crawled my 17 footer out to a spot in 40' of water and managed to anchor up. The bow was careening to the sky over every choppy swell, and we were falling all over the boat.

We managed to catch 3 nice gags, and my buddy lost me a real nice one at the boat, when he tried to gaff it and jerked it up in the air and loose from the hook. Lots of rockies and grunts on squid, the gags liked LYs. We went on in at about 12:30, and it was calming down at that point. Most other boats we saw out were 24 footers and bigger, so we definitely were the little guy.

The rough weather dragged my anchor into that proverbial ledge, and 15 minutes of yanking and hauling didn't get it out. Maybe divers will find it one day.

Eddie Joe
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Went out of Carrablle around 9:00am on Sea Estate. Headed out to 60ft of water, and fished Cigar Minnows and LY's. Brought in a few keeper Red Grouper, a few small Gags early then the bite stopped.

Next time I see Mike Rucker I will slap him with a mullet. The seas were 5-6ft with an occasional swell of 7. Cold, cloudy and just plain ugly. Hope you guys have a better day on Sunday.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Don't waste a good mullet like that. Hit him with a week old LY! :lol:
Tom Keels
Site Founder

BigbaitBigfish

Post by BigbaitBigfish »

Waste any kind of LY and GS will slap YOU! :grin:
grouper sandwich

Post by grouper sandwich »

That dang NOAA! :grin: :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: grouper sandwich on 2002-02-11 10:06 pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: grouper sandwich on 2002-02-11 10:06 pm ]</font>
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Look at the date, that was 2 weeks ago. DOH!
Tom Keels
Site Founder