Presidential Annulment?????

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Presidential Annulment?????

Post by dolphinatic »

Is this possible? You know, like those Vegas marriages people do on a whim. Can we do that with a president :roll: :lol:

Like I've said before...Barry got elected the same way we pick a new American Idol. Just text in your vote for the most hip contestant. Granted, it wasn't hard to defeat McCain in a popularity contest. I just wish we could have gotten someone in there that knew how to conduct themselves as a president. What makes Barry more qualified now than when he was just a junior senator last year???? What experience did he have to be the spokesman for this great nation??? The guy doesn't have a friggin clue. You just dont treat allies the way the Obamas did and then cater to the friggin taliban like you have some kind of special influence over them. They don't care what an elouquent speaker he is. Bush may have been characterized as a dumbazz by alot of people on the left, but at least the rest of the world knew where he stood and didn't have the balls to test us again after 9/11. With Barry, I can't say that. 4 months to go till Biden's prediction that we are going to be tested. I pray that his prediction does not come to pass because I honestly feel that right now we have no leadership to take us through another 9/11 or even worse :smt009
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Presidential Annulment?????

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I am with you.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Richy

Post by Richy »

I'm not sure where I stand on this ... I'm hoping for the best, but who knows ??? I just pray that Obama & his cabinet can pull us out of this nose dive. I feel he can't be much worst than the retarted cowboy & his posse. I can't help but feel that the old man & the bimbo would have been bad news as well ...
For the record, I'm a registered Independent voter that exercises his right to vote. I was supporting & hoping that Mr. Huckbee would have made it to office, I like his style, seemed very squared away & a smart guy too but ... no such luck.
It's almost strange, given the current state of the union ... I don't really have any complains. The least 6 months have been pretty good for us finaically. We are better now than we have ever been. We down sized and sold our old home and paid everything off. So now we have a humble house in Crawfordville, 3 nice trucks & old flats boat and we're all but debt free. I guess my point is, no matter who's in charge...ya still have to look ahead to the future, do your homework and make smart decisions & "money choices" for you and your family, despite what ever jackass ends up in the White house.

?
Last edited by Richy on March 9th, 2009, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Image
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I agree Tom :smt009
Team Jolly Mon
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

suits me to remove him.... :D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Wht do so many think Bush is retarded???? I never thought Clinton was and I didn't care for him either. I've had the pleasure of meeting both Clinton & Bush in a private setting. Let me just tell you that they are both very intelligent men. I just wish that people would give the man the respect he deserved as being our president for 8 years....even though many wanted him to fail both on a personal and presidential level and had a literal hate for him. Personally, I thought I came out fairly good under President Bush....can't say I feel the same about Obama :smt009 Nothing personal against the man, just a gut feeling.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
Richy

Post by Richy »

Why do people think he was a lame President? Just maybe it had something to do with the following :-D

* Took more vacation time than any other President
* Invaded Iraq to get rid of WMDs which didn’t exist
* Implemented protectionist steel tariffs
* Outed a CIA agent for political purposes
* Fired prosecutors who refused to abuse their positions for political purposes
* Disregarded FISA laws and wiretappd Americans without warrants
* Never caught Osama Bin Laden
* Failed to plan for Iraq occupation after Saddam’s government fell and the subsequent occupation has killed 150,000 Iraqi civilians.
* Created a vague “enemy combatant” status in order to indefinitely hold foreigners and even US citizens without trying or charging them with a crime.
* Used torture to interrogate prisoners despite evidence that says information acquired through unreliable
* Prematurely said the mission in Iraq had been accomplished.
* Approved budgets that outspent our tax revenue by hundreds of billions of dollars.
* Poor leadership on response to Hurrican Katrina
* Little or no policy changes on our changing climate
* Didn’t veto a single bill for six years and when he finally did it was to shoot down the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act.
* Passed the Military Commissions Act, which removes the right to Habeus Corpus, one of the most fundamental safe guards against tyrannical governments.
* Pulled out of the Anti-Ballistic Missle Treaty
* Issues illegal “signing statements” when passing bills, saying which portions of the bill he will or won’t enforce. This essentially allows him to rewrite legislation.
* Pushed for elections in Palestine that lead to a Hamas victory, and then tried to overthrow them.
* Allowed Don Rumsfeld to outsource much of the Iraq war to security contractors which are not subject to Iraqi or American military laws or standards.
* Tried to appoint his personal attorney, Harriet Myers, to the supreme court.
* Dangerous diplomatic philosophy that discourages peaceful negotiations with certain nations.
* Appointed John Bolton, a man who said “there is no such thing as the United Nations“, as the UN Ambassador.
* Consistent intellectual disinterest in his job.
* Failed to act on warning signs of the September, 11th attacks.
* Was dishonest with the American people about his National Guard service.
* Lied about giving up golf in a time of war.
* Dissolving the Iraqi army right after the war, putting thousands of trained soldiers into the insurgency.
* Believing Paul Wolfowitz that the war and subsequent reconstruction would pay for itself with Iraqi oil revenue.
* His policies contributed to a quadrupling of the price of oil.
* Lied to the American people that Saddam Hussein was working with Al-Qaeda

but hell, who knows I could be wrong... :-D
~ Image
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I think all politicos feel above and beyond what we mere peasants think. Actually they seem to be getting worse.

O man is looking just a little foolish.....ya think?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Richy

Post by Richy »

Redbelly wrote:O man is looking just a little foolish.....ya think?

yes, I do. I wanted Huckbee, not Erkel ...! Image

but, it is .... what it is & now and Obama is @ the helm. I'm just hoping for the best & tring to remain positive so I can best take care of my family.
~ Image
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Its funny how everyone bashed Bush for the cost of the Afgan and Iraq war. Also funny how the dems are not complaining about this PORKULIS BILL just passed which spends more than the Afgan War, & Iraq War combined. And thats just the first two months.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO YOU CHILDREN WHAT THEY WILL BE PAYING FOR, FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE. I've already explained it to my 10 yr old daughter. She's pissed... :smt011 I loved her last question. "Why do I have to give money that I worked for to someone who didnt work at all"? :smt009
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Richy

Post by Richy »

Flanders wrote:Its funny how everyone bashed Bush for the cost of the Afgan and Iraq war.
Why shouldn't Bush be bashed for those campains ... ?
~ Image
PinFishKing
Site Sponsor

Post by PinFishKing »

"I did not have sex with that woman"

"It depends on what the definition of "is"is"

Enough said.
You just can't fix stupid.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Richy wrote:
Flanders wrote:Its funny how everyone bashed Bush for the cost of the Afgan and Iraq war.

Damned if you do....damned if you dont. I'll take damned if you do on this one :wink: The alternative would have been much worse. What Barry is about to spend will pale in comparison to what Bush "spent" to help prevent another terrorist attack on our own soil.

I'm yet to find a true Obama supporter who can help me feel better about him being our commander in chief :smt009

Team BevisRealty.com
Richy

Post by Richy »

dolphinatic wrote:
Richy wrote:
What Barry is about to spend will pale in comparison to what Bush "spent" to help prevent another terrorist attack on our own soil.

I'm yet to find a true Obama supporter who can help me feel better about him being our commander in chief :smt009

It's not just about the $$$, it's about the injuries and lost lives of the American Soldiers whether it be american soil or not ...

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/casualty.pdf

~ you prolly won't get a B.O. supporter to post. As in alot politcal posts they sometimes take a bad turn ... people get "dog~piled" on by other posters if they're ideas aren't with the majority, then it turns personal and ugly. I believe Tennessesse got it from all sides the other day on another politcal thread.
~ Image
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Richy wrote:
Well lets see. I remember what I was doing and how I felt that day (Sep 11, 2001)!!!!! I believe most of the country was behind him when he said "If your not with us your against us". Or at least at the time. What ever he did that everyone was so against later, sure seemed to keep another 9-11 from happening. It was nice in my opionion to have a President that knew what he stood for, and followed through with it. I think we sure need someone like that now. But maybe im wrong, Maybe spending our childrens future earnings will solve the problems. :smt011
Richy wrote: It's not just about the $$$, it's about the injuries and lost lives of the American Soldiers whether it be american soil or not ."

Nobody likes the thought of our Soldiers being hurt or killed. However its like my cousin said who just got back from Afgan. "Freedom Ain't Free".!!! salute3
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem