The Saltwater Classic needs your help

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

The Saltwater Classic needs your help

Post by Tom Keels »

We are testing the new online registration system and I need some users from the outside to test the program flow and get feedback on the system.

The registration site is https://secure.saltwaterclassic.com/bbswc/registration/

The site is only for testing right now so these will not be live registrations. If you would like to help, please do the following:

Go to the site
Pick a division to register
Fill out the information
Submit the form
Click the Pay Now Button

The payments, regardless of division or jackpots entered, are fixed at $.01, so I would encourage you if you have a paypal account, to test that part of the system as well as it will only cost you a penny.
If you go through with the payments, you will receive an email with your info and a link to print your Angler ID Card. Please test this as well.

You may do as many entries as you like in any division.

Please report any errors or concerns you have with the system on this thread, or to me directly. Let me know if anything seems confusing or unclear.

For anyone willing to help out with this testing, I can offer some free Saltwater Classic t-shirts from last year's tournament. I can't ship them, but I can bring them to the next NFGFC meeting.

Thanks in advance.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

BayGator

Re: The Saltwater Classic needs your help

Post by BayGator »

Just registered, paid, and received my ID card through email. Everything worked 100%.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

BayGator wrote:Just registered, paid, and received my ID card through email. Everything worked 100%.
Thanks John. I really appreciate it.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Good morning Tom

Been trying to submit an entry to the Rec divison. Keep getting the error message when form is submitted (can't save it ) The message doesn't indicate what the problem is so I'm not sure what it doesn't like. I've re entered the info 4 times.

In checking some of the links I've had the following issues:

At first page, clicked the "offical rules HERE" link and received the http 404 error. I was able to view the rules from other areas but not this one on the first page.

In the List of Contributors, the link for Eagle Claw* doesn't seem to want to load very quickly and I kept receiving the "security alert window" while it was trying to load. It did eventually load. May not be your issue.

Southern Outdoor Expeditions could use a different Text color to make it more readable.

Link to the Sea Glass Cottage (lodging) brings up a page for Harbor Point Realty with a http 404 message that page does not exist.

Sorry ta be nit pick'n but just try'n ta be of help :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Sir reel wrote:Good morning Tom

Been trying to submit an entry to the Rec divison. Keep getting the error message when form is submitted (can't save it ) The message doesn't indicate what the problem is so I'm not sure what it doesn't like. I've re entered the info 4 times.

In checking some of the links I've had the following issues:

At first page, clicked the "offical rules HERE" link and received the http 404 error. I was able to view the rules from other areas but not this one on the first page.

In the List of Contributors, the link for Eagle Claw* doesn't seem to want to load very quickly and I kept receiving the "security alert window" while it was trying to load. It did eventually load. May not be your issue.

Southern Outdoor Expeditions could use a different Text color to make it more readable.

Link to the Sea Glass Cottage (lodging) brings up a page for Harbor Point Realty with a http 404 message that page does not exist.

Sorry ta be nit pick'n but just try'n ta be of help :D
Bud, I've fixed the rules link, thanks. Not really concerned about anything from the main site right now.

Please email me the exact data you are sending for each field (or email me a screenshot) so I can try to reproduce the error.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Please remember to use your real email address so you can test out that functionality.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Tom... since my last post I have completed a successful entry, payment, and received confirmation. I believe I was entering non numeric values in fields where numbers were expected. Guess that can be viewed as confirmation that your data entry form is working...just doesn't tell what field is the problem. Looks good.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Please remember to use your real email address so you can test out that functionality.
Yea..... ittybitty.due@somewhere.else.us didn't seem ta make it work
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

When building a Recreational Team, the team members have to be formed before you can build a team from what i could see.

When you enter numbers for the phone numbers they should automatically jump to the next cell.

Other than that it looks good.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Sir reel wrote:Tom... since my last post I have completed a successful entry, payment, and received confirmation. I believe I was entering non numeric values in fields where numbers were expected. Guess that can be viewed as confirmation that your data entry form is working...just doesn't tell what field is the problem. Looks good.
Could you tell me what fields these were? I'm pretty sure there are no constraints like that, but I need to double check.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

jsuber wrote:When building a Recreational Team, the team members have to be formed before you can build a team from what i could see.

Other than that it looks good.

Thanks Jeff, I thought I made that clear in the description to the right of the team entry. Was it not clear or did you not read it? One of those I can fix and one I can't. :-D
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Jeff, did you do a payment?
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Sir reel wrote:
Tom... since my last post I have completed a successful entry, payment, and received confirmation. I believe I was entering non numeric values in fields where numbers were expected. Guess that can be viewed as confirmation that your data entry form is working...just doesn't tell what field is the problem. Looks good.
Could you tell me what fields these were? I'm pretty sure there are no constraints like that, but I need to double check.

I can't be sure with out doing some reconstructing but the last thing I changed was to use #'s instead of alpha's in the zip code field. ie: instead of "zippy" in the zip code I used 32311. I had previously used some alpha characters in the phone number fields as well. I had also use the "other" as a state choice but I don't know if that was a problem or not.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Sir reel wrote:
Sir reel wrote:

I can't be sure with out doing some reconstructing but the last thing I changed was to use #'s instead of alpha's in the zip code field. ie: instead of "zippy" in the zip code I used 32311. I had previously used some alpha characters in the phone number fields as well. I had also use the "other" as a state choice but I don't know if that was a problem or not.

Ah, that makes sense. Zip Code has a numeric checker on it. Thanks Bud.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Should be fixed now Bud.
Tom Keels
Site Founder