grilling lobster

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sir reel
Site Sponsor

grilling lobster

Post by Sir reel »

I've cooked a bunch of "stuff" but never grilled a lobster. Publix has some tails on sale so I'm gonna try a couple. I would probably just splash a little oil on them and put em on the grill with the tails split but not completely in half. I'm open to any suggestions as to seasoning and how long should they take. I assume they wouldn't take very long at all. I'd also be interested in any suggestions if I were to boil em. Thanks.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
creech

Re: grilling lobster

Post by creech »

My neighbor used this recipe about two weeks ago and they were fantastic! :thumbup: :beer:

Ingredients:
•1/4 cup olive oil
•1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
•1 tablespoon fresh dill
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation:
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Cut lobster tails in half lengthwise, exposing flesh. Combine remaining ingredients in small mixing bowl. Brush mixture onto flesh side of lobster tails. Place lobster onto grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, depending on the size of the lobster tail. Make sure to turn once during cooking process.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks creech.

Most of the receipes that I've googled say to boil them for 7-10 minutes before grilling. Do you know if your neighbor boiled his before grilling?
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
creech

Post by creech »

He did not boil them. He bought them at Winn Dixie prepackaged. I'm not sure if they were steamed or anything from the store.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

:thumbup: Thanks
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

donot over cook
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

FHC wrote:donot over cook

Yup, overcooked=tough piece of tail :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Dubble Trubble wrote:
FHC wrote:donot over cook

Yup, overcooked=tough piece of tail :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
:roll:

:smt005
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

keep it simple, brush the grill with oil, mix a little oil with a pinch or two of sea salt, a little dill and lemon juice. Split down middle long ways, brush above mixture, put on grill meat side down first for a couple of minutes, flip and brush some more, sprinkle with paprika. Put on apron and get downtown!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Yeah, what MudDucker said. :smt045
First side is ready when grill-marked nicely. Final light dusting with paprika a great touch. :lick:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Got a follow-up question.... When a couple of you referred to splitting the tail length wise (boy! this is get'n real sensual ain't it!) and putting the meat side down...I want to make sure we're all on the same page. The tails came already split. Now a couple of video's I've watched show a process where the meat is removed from the inside of the shell but left attached at the end of the tail before cooking. MD and Harm.... is this what you have in mind with placing the meat side down or just that the split side is placed down, and the meat is removed after cooking. Does the meat pop out douring cooking or is it important to take the split and separate it (spread) so the meat is more accessable to seasoning and cooking? I know I ain't making it simple but when you ain't never done it before nothing's simple. Thanks.
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Wow! Sir Reel buying lobster. :o Next he'll be paying the $25 to fish the NFGFC. :wink:
GULP! free since 1970.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

OK BIRD DUDE...... I know I haven't been around much to put any tournament pressure on you... but I'm still a Member! It''d only cost $20!! and the tails were on sale! :-? 8)
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:smt005 :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sir reel wrote:OK BIRD DUDE...... I know I haven't been around much to put any tournament pressure on you... but I'm still a Member! It''d only cost $20!! and the tails were on sale! :-? 8)
they must have been $.89 a pound. :lol:
What was I supposed to do today?