Post by Tom Keels »

You can't hide money.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: grilling lobster

Post by Harmsway »

Grill each half meat-side down with the shell on. You don't have to cut through the whole shell if you want sortof a butterflyed whole tail piece. Either way okay.

What you're thinking of puffing out of the shell is when you bake or broil in oven meat side up. Pretty good, too., but hard to beat the grill. :lick:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

That's what I want.......some on sale tail. :lick:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Jumptrout51 wrote:That's what I want.......some on sale tail. :lick:
I'm not sure anyone would sell it to you :smt105
Stay Thirsty My Friends
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Sir reel wrote:Got a follow-up question.... When a couple of you referred to splitting the tail length wise (boy! this is get'n real sensual ain't it!) and putting the meat side down...I want to make sure we're all on the same page. The tails came already split. Now a couple of video's I've watched show a process where the meat is removed from the inside of the shell but left attached at the end of the tail before cooking. MD and Harm.... is this what you have in mind with placing the meat side down or just that the split side is placed down, and the meat is removed after cooking. Does the meat pop out douring cooking or is it important to take the split and separate it (spread) so the meat is more accessable to seasoning and cooking? I know I ain't making it simple but when you ain't never done it before nothing's simple. Thanks.
There is a membrane on the bottom of the tail, I split that and the crack the shell back to open that up. If you are going to remove the meat, you need to completely remove that membrane and pull the meat leaving only a little attached at the tail, it makes it easier to get out to eat when done. Myself, I usually don't pull it out, because it helps slow down the eating.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!