sunglasses what do you prefer?

Post your favorite tips and tricks here. Pictures are helpful and welcome.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: sunglasses what do you prefer?

Post by Reel Cowboy »

The green mirror are neat fro driving in the rain.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Reel Cowboy wrote:The green mirror are neat fro driving in the rain.
Is that what you did today?? Ha ha
Team Jolly Mon
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Flint River Pirate wrote:
Reel Cowboy wrote:The green mirror are neat fro driving in the rain.
Is that what you did today?? Ha ha

Negative. Gun Show in Valdosta this morning and the afternoon smoking 2# of bacon wrapped around 2# of sausage with a few corn liquor drinks mixed in. It was the shiz nit.

Even tried calling you, answer your dang phone man!
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

Costa's! I have bought several pair for myself and members of the family. Look at Ebay and you can get a deal at times. They have great service as well. You go on line, file a damage claim and mail them in. Your glasses will be back to you within 3 weeks. I bought a pair for my daughter from EBAY, and the glass lens tenting was bad so we got a very good deal. Six months later, she broke them in half by sitting on them. Sent them in to repair the frame and they came back with the lens repaired as well. The cost was $15 dollars. My son busted one of his Harpoon lenses, and they repaired that for $40. If I am going to pay high dollars on sunglasses, I will never by any other brand.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Reel Addiction, I'm glad (sorta) to hear that my kids are not the only ones hard on sunglasses. :-D
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Bud Man

Post by Bud Man »

I have lost far too many sunglasses in my life to spend $120 on a pair. I am convinced that the sunglass companies could make sunglasses float vey easily if they wanted but choose not to do so for obvious reasons. Just my personal conspiracy theory : )

Never took the plunge on Costas but I have been very happy with my $25 Calcutta polarized (Crum's in Panacea sells them). Mine are blue tinted but I think I'll try some green tint lenses next based off previous posts here.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Been studying options on this topic WAY too many hours over the past couple of years. :oops:

Have a few cheap pairs but really weighing getting a pair of costas or habers. Know you can get good prices on ebay, but have to go with whatever design is up for grabs. Here's a site with pretty good Costa retail prices and a bit of selection...
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Sub ... _200368802

If you're willing/have time to watch the web constantly there is a site like WOOT called Steep and Cheap that has costas pop up from time to time for GREAT prices (rougly $70 to $130 depending on poly vs glass). The steep and cheap site doesn't have daily offer but instead changes out product around every 15 minutes so really have to jump quickly.
http://www.steepandcheap.com/ If you have an iphone or droid you can download free app(s) that notify you when products switch. I've got the droid and it just puts an icon in the top status bar so that you can pull down the bar and see what's for sale. :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Post by Salt Life »

COSTAS BlackFin w/ Amber lense :thumbup: :thumbup:
Had the lenses delaminate and they sent me a new pair in no time !
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Costa Del Walmart. Renegades, or Berkley, cost $12.00 and last a year if I don't loose them or set on them. I can see very well in shallow water with them. 8)

salute2
Semper Fi
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Amber lens for shallow water. Gray for offshore. Vermillion for low light conditions. The green and blue mirror tint help with glare, also a style decision.

As far as brands, I have been a Costa user for 22 years and have fished 2/3s of the way around the world. Good sunglasses are an essential tool for spotting fish, so I don't mind spending more to get the quality and Costa's service is top-notch, too.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Another vote for Costas.... I have three pair and have lost more than I care to admit overboard before I smarted up and started attaching the straps to them.. I prefer the Harpoons with green mirror lense for inshore fishing,,,, there's a world of difference in those and the gray lenses or the blue mirror but I still like the blue mirror best for driving.
Unlike others, I'm not crazy about Costa's service... I sent one pair back for repair once and was told that style (similiar to flight glasses) was discontinued, so they sent me a different style that I didn't really like and later on when another pair broke (same style) and I sent them in for repair they replaced them with the same style they had said was discontinued and no longer available....then there was the time I sat on the Harpoons... $75. to fix em..
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/