July 11 Carabelle

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelbad

July 11 Carabelle

Post by reelbad »

Met my partner Huey, at JBT about 5am, after getting signed up, (good job CC & Pat) using the top of the newspaper stand for a table. headed west for a fun day on the water. The weather was not as advertised, cloudy, windy, and no fish except for 12 or 15 short trout and other assorted species. Sure enough, Huey hooks into the eventual big trout for the day around 11:30 followed by one just over 15" to go with the one 15 1/2" that was in the box from earlier that morning. We fished every lure known to man but just could not make em bite. Time to head back to the ramp where we join the bass boys, little bb, CC and Pat. Casey told us all about the late hook up with a very fine possible 6 pound trout that broke off at the boat. Sorry for the bad luck CC, you'll get em next time. Well, Back to JBT for the weigh in and hearing pretty much the same story from a lot of folks. July is always a tough month to fish or it seems that way to me. overall we had a good day, no one got hurt, no motor problems for anyone and I think everyone had a good day with good friends. Hope to see all at the next one. Thanks again to CC, Pat and all the sponsers for the great prizes.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: July 11 Carabelle

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Thanks for the report.
Glad ya'll got out and caught some.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
caseycook

Re: July 11 Carabelle

Post by caseycook »

It was a tough tournament for everyone. Congrats on big trout guys!
Boom goes the dynamite.