Talquin 9/23/03

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Talquin 9/23/03

Post by tin can »

I just read Dewy's report and thought I'd add a litle information.

I fished from 1:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M., Tuesday afternoon, on Lake Talquin. The bass are moving into shallow staging areas. I fished a creek mouth in 4' to 6' of water. The fish were chasing shad. No large schools like in the '70's, but singles, and small schools are feeding on the shad. Several of these fish were fooled by my Rat-L-Trap. However, the mojority of what I caught came on a Carolina rig fished through the cover these fish are holding on (there's stuff on the bottom of Lake Talquin). Once one of these holding areas is located, the bite is on. I caught 20 bass, 2 of which went over 5 lb., with 3 more over the 18" minimum on Lake Talquin. All but a few were 15" or better.

Put your Polaroids on, and keep your eyes open for bait fish. Ease around the areas where bait fish are present, and watch your bottom reader. Find the cover, and you've most likely found the fish. Dewey is correct. The bite is on!
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Bout time ya give up a little info fer us :o ya sly dog you :lol: That sounds like a danged fine trip TC :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
dewyafish

Post by dewyafish »

Carolina rigging SUCKS!!!!!

(But sometimes it's ALL that will work 8) )
It's a small world, unless you had to paint it.
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

I may have to give it a try. Can't seem to get much going lately.
Ken
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Fished again yesterday (9/26). It was a much slower day. There was a fairly strong east wind all day. Still managed to catch 7. Not as big as Tuesday, but 7 ain't a bad day on Talquin. I'm taking my son today. Maybe the bite will be better this morning.

Ken, A Carolina rig will catch fish. But Dewey is correct. It SUCKS. However, I tried a texas rig Tuesday. Got one bite. Went back to the Carolina rig and started catching fish, again.
What was I supposed to do today?