"A Taste of Old Florida"

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalach
Site Sponsor

"A Taste of Old Florida"

Post by Apalach »

Check out the article beginning on page 98 of the latest issue (Aug., 2009) of Southern Living. It is about one of my fav Florida places--Spring Creek Restaurant, just 30 miles south of Tally at the end of County Road 365. The article even includes 8 recipes about preparing several of your favorite North Florida seafoods. BTW, if you have not yet done so, be sure to pick up Vols. 1 and 2 of the Spring Creek Chronicles, owner Leo Lovel's books about fishing, hunting, and growing up along the Big Bend Coast. For example, check out p. 125 in Vol. 1 where Leo describes the biggest shark he ever saw anywhere, including way offshore—it was just about as long as his 22 foot boat! Where, you ask? Why at Long Bar just off the beach at Shell Point in about 4 feet of water!
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Re: "A Taste of Old Florida"

Post by slowroller »

Great books! Asked him about a third one and he said he has started writing the stories. Said it might take a while. :thumbup: :thumbup:
TallyFish

Post by TallyFish »

Nice to read your posts Apalach and as always intriuging insight of our area. Now, we need you to show at the next meeting.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Love that place and love those books. Took me back on real nostalgic trip to my youth hunting and fishing in Florida with old Floridians.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Dang double post due to 500 error ... whatever the heck that is. :smt009
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Post by cmccord »

MudDucker wrote:Dang double post due to 500 error ... whatever the heck that is. :smt009
Gremlins.

Definitely great books Apalach and great place, people and food. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Spring Creek Restaurant truly is "old Florida"......like portions of Bay City Lodge.....some places just should not change!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.