Stolen Tackle

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

konrad

Stolen Tackle

Post by konrad »

Got on the water Sunday morning and opened up one of the hatches in my boat where I kept my tackle but it was empty. I had 5 plastic boxes of assorted tackle that someone STOLE out of my boat Sat night in Killearn Lakes. If anyone happens to hear of anyone pawning off anything Please let me know. They took my dive mask, 2 boxes of offshore plugs, jigging spoons and just about anything else you would ever need for fish on or off shore was in those boxes. There is a reward. Yes I would like to catch whoever did it but I would rather have my stuff back. Est. $600 worth of tackle stolen.

Thanks,
Chris Konrad 850-421-4463
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Stolen Tackle

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

MAN THAT REALLY SUCKS, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK STUFF ON CRIEGS LIST, THEY HAVE A LOT OF STUFF ON THERE THAT I SUSPECT IS RATHER HOT TO THE TOUCH.
PA :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Konrad, couldn't tell from your post where you suspect the theft occurred? Do you keep your boat at home, at a marina, at some other storage place? Do you think the theft occurred where stored or did you leave the boat alone for a minute while loading? If while loading, what landing? Not trying to be a smart@$$... promise. Just think it might help us all to understand where you suspect the theft occurred. :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

on WCTV web site: Shell Point, boats broken into.
Pirate Girl
konrad

Post by konrad »

It happened at my house in Killearn Lakes some time between 11pm sat night and 3:30 sunday morning. My brain does work too well at that time so in the past I have always put that stuff in the boat the night before. Luckily my pole and electronics were locked in my truck.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Sorry, Konrad, just reread your message and saw you clearly identified Killearn Lakes. :oops:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

I hate a dayum thief... Sorry to hear about that Konrad. Maybe they will have one of your loures stick through one of their tendons.
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
konrad

Post by konrad »

My guess is that it was a couple of kids that did it. They probable don't even have a boat and are going to try to use the tackle for bass fishing. Oh Well, at least now my wife can't get on me about buying a bunch of new tackle now.
cleanlivin

Post by cleanlivin »

My buddy lives off of briarcreek and he had several rods stole and his dip net and a tackle box saturday night also
boggob
Site Sponsor

Post by boggob »

rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

konrad wrote:My guess is that it was a couple of kids that did it. They probable don't even have a boat and are going to try to use the tackle for bass fishing. Oh Well, at least now my wife can't get on me about buying a bunch of new tackle now.
Prolly right
Stay Thirsty My Friends
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Damn, now its too late to steal at Killearn and Shellpoint. All the good stuff has been picked clean.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

If it not usually in the boat and you put it in the night before I would guess it was someone that could see you when you loaded it. Are you sure it didn't happen on the way down or at the ramp if left unattended?
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

What a mess wrote:If it not usually in the boat and you put it in the night before I would guess it was someone that could see you when you loaded it. Are you sure it didn't happen on the way down or at the ramp if left unattended?
That happened to me at Carrabelle 2 years ago. The thieving thieves saw what was going in the boat. I had to fish all day with what was already tied on my rods didn't I Chalk,TinCan,Birddog,etc. etc.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?