Is this a good deal?

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Talltails

Is this a good deal?

Post by Talltails »

I'm getting ready to take the plunge into some flyfishing on the coast here. Not sure what to buy or what I want, so maybe a used setup might be my best option right now. Saw this on another site and am wondering if it would be alright .

The reel is a new Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock Reel with 200 yards of backing and Orvis Silver Label Fly Line with the seamless welded loop. The reel is brand new and has never been out of the box except to put line on it.

The rod is a St Croix Premier/P908.4 It is a 9ft 8 wt with cork handle and cork fighting butt. The rod is used but in great shape.

I have two 2 packs of 9ft 20lb knotless tapered leaders. These were 12.95 each when purchased. I also have have a new role of 0x 40 meters tippet material.

The set comes with 6 wire leaders and 9 larger new flys.

This is easily over $350.00 worth of equipment.

Will sale everything for $150.00 meeting in the Woodstock area or 160.00 shipped to your door.
Chalk

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by Chalk »

Sounds like a good price :thumbup:
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Sure. It will get you in the game at least.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
sosprey

Post by sosprey »

Hey Talltails - lets fly the salt. I'll bring your lure back! I'm just getting started with the buggy whip thing too!
Cheer up, it gets worse...I did, and it did!!
Supa Fly

Post by Supa Fly »

It's a decent deal. It's good enough equipment to learn on, and find out if you really like flyfishing. Learning on cheap gear just makes it that much harder. Make sure you use good line. I've never used Orvis silver label, but I'm sure it's good stuff. Good luck!