Lake Seminole 8/19/09

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jadams92002
Site Sponsor

Lake Seminole 8/19/09

Post by jadams92002 »

I went to the lake this morning to see if I could get anything to bite. I decided to only buy 2 dozen minnows and a can of wigglers. I started out going after Crappie and wiped out my minnows in less than an hour. I should have bought more, I know that now, but if I would have I probably would not have caught any. I ended up with 20 Crappie, most of them were a 1 to 1 ½ lbs. I had 2 that were just over 2lbs. I caught them in the stumps in about 26ft of water, but they were biting at 12 to 14ft. After the minnows were gone I went after the catfish for a while. I had to move around a few times, but I ended up with 36 cats, and 4 shell crackers. They seamed to be biting best in 12 to 14ft of water fishing about a foot of the bottom. I hope to get back out there soon and I will bring more minnows next time for sure.
Daybreak

Re: Lake Seminole 8/19/09

Post by Daybreak »

Great report. Daybreak
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Seminole 8/19/09

Post by Fishman »

Sounds like a great day on the lake.