Very late report - 8/7 and 8/10 - Turkey Point

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ab7bear

Very late report - 8/7 and 8/10 - Turkey Point

Post by ab7bear »

I had a week off between the end of summer classes and beginning of fall so Dad got us a place at the Moorings for 3 nights to do nothing but fish. I took a little boat with me to fish flats a couple days when we weren't going offshore with Dad. Here's how it turned out inshore.

Launched at Alligator Point at 6:30 and made the run on over to Turkey Point. Started out the morning picking up a nice 19 incher on the first drift. nearing the end of the drift I saw some reds working around the edges of the Turkey Point Shoal so I figured I'd spend some time messing around up there. I started blind casting working a she dog and kinda scanning the surface. I look back to my lure and here comes a nice red. I see him about 3 feet behind the lure when he decides to charge it and inhales my she dog! After about a 10 minute battle of my drag singing and him turning my tiny little boat in a circle I get him boat side and secured. He measured just under 26 inches and in the box he went for supper. Finished out the rest of my morning with 3 more trout. Total for Friday morning was 4 trout, 1 red

I fished Turkey Point again on Monday, except with 2 other buddies on the boat this time. It was kinda cramped but we still managed. Started fishing around 7 again but it was a little slower this time. We ended up with 4 more trout for Monday. However, Will did catch this hoss (pictured below..you can tell which one i'm talkin about) which made for a nice conclusion to the weekend.

FishWithChris

Re: Very late report - 8/7 and 8/10 - Turkey Point

Post by FishWithChris »

tha tha tha tha... sorry, stuttered there for a second...

That's a big ol' effing feeesh, holding out or not, that's a tourney winner right there!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Holy bucket of chum batman, that is one sweet Trout. When that big ole mouth came up to shake I bet it stopped your heart for a second. Nice job!
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Post by cmccord »

Nice fish Bear and Will! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wish we'd caught up while you were in town. Give me a call next time. I found one much like that in Levy Bay last weekend, only in a kayak, and my heart did stop for second when it showed silver not red! Glad you made it out for a few days. How was the offshore fishing?
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
bcarver

Post by bcarver »

Wow...what a trout !!!
Did you measure the length and girth ? Did you weigh the fish ?
What bait did you use for the big'un ?
Congratulations !!!
Reel Navy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Navy »

:thumbup: :thumbup: NICE!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dear Lord, please let me be the kind of person my dog thought I was .....