hello. Going fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

akasephiroth

hello. Going fishing

Post by akasephiroth »

Hello im new to these forums gonna give a little about me right quick, im 24 yr male, father of a 2yr old, and very happly married nothing like be married to your fishing buddy :). Me and the familly heading down to SGI for vacation we head there a good bit but this will be our first multi night trip, gonna be there from 20-24 of sept. I plan to do a little shark fishing, whiteing fishing from surf, might hit up SGI bridge see what i get there, not too fond of the bridge every since i lost a bull red cause i couldnt get it up the bridge. ill post a report when we get back wish us luck.
boggob
Site Sponsor

Re: hello. Going fishing

Post by boggob »

:smt006

Gotta get one of those pier landing nets on a rope. Have a nice vacation, hope you slay them!
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Welcome aboard! This forum has a few very articulate intellectual persons who participate ....and then there's the majority of us! :roll:

We enjoy reports, tales, pictures, political facts and/or opinions (preferably conservative), humor (true or otherwise) and college football! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WELCOME ABOARD, HAVE GOOD LUCK AND SEND IN A REPORT.
PA THE OLD MAN :smt006 :smt006
FUTCHCAIRO
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

O.o fellow cairo Ga fisherman
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Welcome aboard and thanks for the heads up... :D We'll be expecting all kinds of harrowing tales about sharks, killer whiting, bridges crumbling under the strain of moster reds being winched in... Heck...just make somp'm up...we'll read it!! :-D :smt005 :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Welcome. You must be a Final Fantasy fan judging by your username.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

whitebc
Site Sponsor

Post by whitebc »

:smt006 :smt006
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the telephone.
DukesFin

Post by DukesFin »

I've got a couple of tips for you...

If you don't have a landing net for the bridge, you can "walk" your fish down the the end (land-side end) and land him there.

Have you tried wade fishing the bay behind the State Park? If not, you really should give that a shot.

Here is a spot behind the campgrounds at the State Park to try:

And here is a spot to try at the Youth Camp Ramp at the State Park:

Great spots for sure. You WILL catch them. Early in the morning (from pre-dawn until the sun gets above the trees) and later in the evening (6 or 7 until dark)

Catch 'em up!!!
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

ill have to give that a shot thanks i accully been looking for a good fishing map for the park heard there was a lot of action over there.

Yes im a huge final fantasy fan, video games, a good movie, ect great ways to pass time untill work/fishing trips.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I notice there are map pictures posted here of some of my fishing holes. Since you are a new guy trying to learn it is OK for you to fish them from the 20th thru the 24th. After that,please ask.
Everyone else, please refrain from posting maps to my fishing holes.
Thank you.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
DukesFin

Post by DukesFin »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I notice there are map pictures posted here of some of my fishing holes. Since you are a new guy trying to learn it is OK for you to fish them from the 20th thru the 24th. After that,please ask.
Everyone else, please refrain from posting maps to my fishing holes.
Thank you.
Do you fish behind the campgrounds much? If so, do you know the campground hosts John and Judy? John is without a doubt the BEST trout man down there. That guy is amazing to fish with (if your ego can take it). He has taught me SO MUCH about that area, it's silly!!!

The patterns there sure have changed over the years, but staying in touch with John can keep you up to date on the current troughs and holes for sure!!!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

All fishin holes are JT51's fishin holes :o even the one's he don't know about :smt005 and ifin he tried wadeing, he would go over his head if he stepped in Meli's footsteps :lol: :lol: :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
DukesFin

Post by DukesFin »

These are from wading "back in the day":

Those were the days!
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

Hey DukesFin, John and Judy are very good friend's of mine. I have fished with John often. I will be down at the Park from Oct. 20th to Oct 25th.
Pirate Girl