Mashes Sands 10-11

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

konrad

Mashes Sands 10-11

Post by konrad »

Took the wife out of Mashes Sands on Sunday to do a little fishing. First stop was the shoal out by buoy 26 to catch some pinfish for bait. The water was so dirty I could see the grass beds which made catching bait very difficult. I was only able to pick up 3 or 4 and before I got tired of wasting time. We ran out to buoy 26 and loaded the live well with sardines and a few blue runners. After that we made our way out to a spot in 50 feet and started trolling. As soon as we got the lines out we were hooked up with two small AJ's. Let them go and started trolling again and within 2 min picked up a small King. Even though trolling was working out for us I wanted to anchor. Once we got the boat positioned I put one of the pins and sit it to the bottom. It only made it half way before an AJ hit it. This happened 5 more times before I decided to switch tactics. There were fish breaking the surface all around us so I decide to start free lining out some of the sardines we caught. I don't think the bait was ever in the water more than 3 to 5 min without getting a hit. I didn't keep count but we must have caught 30 to 40 fish. Mostly Spanish and kings, with a few bonito and AJ's mixed in. I was able to get one grouper though. None of the fish were real big except for the spanish but it was a great way to spend a Sunday with the wife.
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Re: Mashes Sands 10-11

Post by cmccord »

Nice Sunday Konrad. Wish I could have made it out too. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Nice day :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Sounds like a VERY GOOD DAY :thumbup: :thumbup: It was rough as heck fishin around the mouth of the Bay, how was it it out there?
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
konrad

Post by konrad »

First thing in the morning it was 2-3 foot but layed down to 1-2 by 11. I did notice the wind seemed to be stronger closer to shore.
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Sounds like you guys enjoyed the day. Thanks for the report. :thumbup: :D