Panama City Pier

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mister Mullet

Panama City Pier

Post by Mister Mullet »

Looking for a fellow pier fishing fanatic to share rides to the new Panama City Pier. I love pier fishing, been doing it for 50 years, and hate to fish alone. If any of you folks are serious pier anglers, lets get together. I also do a lot of fishing from the Jacksonville Pier. Same deal. I'm in Tallahassee. (850) 942-0464
juan sapatos

Re: Panama City Pier

Post by juan sapatos »

I grew up fishing the pier on okaloosa island. Fished it this weekend. Its probably time to start hunkering down until spring. . .
Nature Red in Tooth and Claw
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

I've only been on Okaloosa one time. Very nice pier. Saw a couple of kings taken.

Don't they get big redfish, kings and cobia during the fall? What about Spanish mackerel?

Mister Mullet
juan sapatos

Post by juan sapatos »

On Saturday I saw probably 10 very large redfish landed at the pier. Most over 30 inches. Lots of spanish caught (including by me). Spinner sharks were mostly caught on Sunday. Not like it was when I was a kid -- better now even though the pier is a little bit hurricane shortened.
Nature Red in Tooth and Claw
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Didn't know the pier was damaged. I thought the end with the hole in the middle was very innovative. How much washed away?

Are you in Tallahassee? Belong to the NFGFC?