Lake Bradford Do over

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

louielakebrad

Lake Bradford Do over

Post by louielakebrad »

Went fishing today on lake bradford, my home lake. Didn't start till 4:45 so I only had and hour maybe 2 of visible light. It was overcast today so it seemed to get darker much faster. I started out by throwing a Bomber Model A in yellow and blue which has worked in the past by but no takers. I switched to a texas rigged worm so I could would the bottom a whole lot slower. I used a 1/2 ounce screw in bullet weight(needed a little heavier weight for the wind) with a Gamagaktsu (or however you spell it) wide gap worm hook with 2 foot fluorocarbon leader and YUM attracktant. I always like to use the fluorocarbon leader and attractent to tip the odds in my favor just a little more for these finicky winter bass. I started out throwing tight to the sides of docks and cypress trees working very slow on the bottom. After a few cast i missed my mark by 7 or 8 feet throwing to a cypress tree and it wasnt until then that i caught my first fish.From this I figured that the wind was making these fish hang off the cover a few feet, so i made cast the same way throwing a few feet off the cover and caught another and another. All in all i ended up with 5 fish 1) 15'' 2) 15" 3) 14" and two dinks .The most important thing for catching these fish was my retrieve once i casted it i would count to 10 Mississippi and then i would twitch it a few times and whenever i would feel cover or see that my worm coming close to cover i would count longer to let the worm sit in the strike zone for as long a possible. Well that my trip any questions or comments let me know and thanks. Almost forgot the magic worm for today was a 10.5 inch Zoom watermelon seed Ol Monster. --the bass man
The Bass Man
Cougar

Re: Lake Bradford Do over

Post by Cougar »

Where do you put in at bradford?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup: You found TinCans secret spots.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
louielakebrad

Post by louielakebrad »

i live on the lake so in my backyard. :D
The Bass Man
sanblaslayer

Post by sanblaslayer »

Nice, I caught a 27" fish out of that lake about three years ago, under one of those docks, biggest bass I ever caught. Released him too.
Get your mind right
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

i wish i could fish there. lol. i used to fish there in lake hiawatha... and one time paddled out to bradford. but that was it.
in my fantasy world of being in your situation... i think i would go and fish a shaky head around the same areas with a black zoom trick worm.
but hey thats me.... sounds like you did awesome. funny how the dinks will hit that ol monster huh?
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

Nice report. :thumbup:
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

You have to live there to fish on it? Private lake?