Jet Drive Kayak

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

What a mess

Re: Jet Drive Kayak

Post by What a mess »

I do not want to be in the plastic navy as of yet but that got me thinking, The only thing I am really a purest about is uh come to think of it is nothing!!!!!! I am sure there is a joy that comes from not having to eternally work on fix up be frustrated by the gadgets and fuel and batteries etc.. but could ya'll quit hating for a half a minute I think its about as cool as it gets! I have thought about the flats stalker which is a stand up kayak I saw a guy the other day in a bass hunter yoor business how you float your boat not mine I say cool!
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I like a jet kayak too. But I'm not gonna take a kayak out fifteen miles when it has a motor laying in the back with a can of gas. However, if its designed and tested, and in production I would be willing to give it a spin. I've seen kayaks with full blown outboards connected to them. And they are funny to watch, but guess what happens when you stop. Its best to keep it simple and just paddle within your reach.

This company has some:

Even one you can stand on.

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

CAM,
Thanks for posting some neat pics of a pretty cool motor yak, whatever the opinions are.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

Hmmm. :-?

Innovative. Innovative like the folks who put chainsaw engines on bicycles. I wouldn't want one of those, either.

The addition of the motor does require registration, and nav lights at night.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

I've often wondered why no one makes a waverunner with rodholders, a casting platform and fishbox. You could rig it with a poling platform, a trolling motor, GPS, a depthfinder................. Think of the possibilties!

To each his own, but for me, kayaking is my way of keeping it simple.

That's not to say that I wouldn't enjoy taking one for a spin.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

WHERE DO YOU PUT THE ICE CHEST FULL OF BEER AND CAN YOU GET A PUI ? THINK I'LL JUST KEEP MY BOAT W MY ICE CHEST AND BUDDY'S ON BOARD DOES ONE HAVE TO YEILD TO THESE (GREEN) BOATS OR WHAT ? THAT'S IT WE'LL CALL THEM GREENIE'S TREE (HUGGERS)
ValFitzAndrew

Post by ValFitzAndrew »

I just love American inventtivness. Then, I do love to read all the nsy_sayers. I think they are mostly jealous of not thinking of the idea or to much a couch potato to reduce it to practice if they did.
chewysims

Post by chewysims »

That bad boy is sweet! :thumbup: :thumbup: