Here is who voted on Obamacare

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re: Here is who voted on Obamacare

Post by RHTFISH »

wevans wrote:When it comes down to book smarts verses common sense smarts, my money will be on the common sense person every time!! And they is very few politicians with common sense :smt012 "probably cause a person with a lick of common sense don't want ta be a politician" :lol: :smt004 :beer:
I fondly refer to it as WALKING AROUND SENSE! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

red_yakker wrote:I just don't see how this is hurting anyone other than the insurance companies
This one's easy, peezy, lemon squeezy to explain. Doc and I paid about $300k in salaries to our emps last year. Our taxes go up that number we're able to provide to others who WORK for a living goes down. Such math leads to more folks being unemployed, they have to go on the dole, and get the income we would have paid hard workers for "free" via our taxes paid out in welfare funds. Actually they get a portion... the government will waste much of it on other pork barrel spending versus for promised use. Taxes will continue to rise as long as we let them, as the programs stay bankrupt (see my point on the CBO's own acknowledgement of being in the red with the Medicare doctor pay issue factored in). And to RHTFISH's point if you think we're the only one with taxes going up you've got some painful lessons that will be learned as you lose your youth, regardless of your party affiliation.

By the way, if you think there is no competition between the insurance companies blame your beloved government. They supposedly outlawed monoply practices/colllusion many years ago. So if you're right, you're only acknowledging the goverment has proven to be a poor steward and can't be trusted. :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
sethwms

Post by sethwms »

akasephiroth wrote:I guess they need to clear out a cell for me because im making my stand, I DONT WANT YOUR HEALTH CARE, I refuss to buy health care just because you say I need it lock me up and toss the key, ill problly be treated better in prison then out here with the real criminals who are in DC.

public or private insurance...the key here is IT'S AN OPTION!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

sethwms wrote:
akasephiroth wrote:I guess they need to clear out a cell for me because im making my stand, I DONT WANT YOUR HEALTH CARE, I refuss to buy health care just because you say I need it lock me up and toss the key, ill problly be treated better in prison then out here with the real criminals who are in DC.

public or private insurance or jail...the key here is IT'S AN OPTION!
Fixed it fer ya :wink: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”