IFA Redfishtour kayak event and other yak events this summer

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

antoni

IFA Redfishtour kayak event and other yak events this summer

Post by antoni »

so any of you yaks entering the IFA redfishtour kayak events? I'm really considering entering the ifa gulf division event in panama city on june 6. anyone know what the payout is for ifa kayak tour?

i don't own a kayak and new to the touney scene and not sure what to expect but it really sounds like fun. get out, meet some new faces, get a good workout(sore arms and butt) and maybe even get payed :D and enjoy some post event food&beer :beer: i'm game!

are there any other big kayak events coming up this summer in the bigbend area?

antoni
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: IFA Redfishtour kayak event and other yak events this su

Post by Jumptrout51 »

JSuber will take you under wing and teach you all you care to know.
He loans kayaks too.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Well you missed the biggest one on the gulf March 27, The jaxkayakfishing tournament is weekend after next. I'm fishing the IFA in Titusville this weekend. You can go to their website for more info. Or look under tournaments at fcka.net
antoni

Post by antoni »

thanks for jumping in the conversation. nice to meet you jsuber, :D I'll admit my interest in kayaking has been renewed lately. i checked out the FCKA and kayak angler magazine online and now I'm ready to go get a sore butt and arms! I love to quietly explore back country water,mangroves, oyster bars, mud flats and areas where even flats boats have trouble so i think a kayak is a natural fit for me. my butt my not be a natural fit but you get the point.

How was the titusville event? how did you do? get any snook while hunting reds? I may rent a yak and enter the the "Rock the Dock" event may 22-23. to get my feet wet. winning kayak prize is $500 and flounder qualify along with reds and trout. :D

I was looking at some of the kayaks available and am blown away by the many types of kyaks and styles and sizes... I know i want a sit on top but there are so many kinds. The stand up yaks that you can pole look cool but with my budget i think i'll look for a cheap used one to get a feel for it.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I did good at IFA Titusville. I got third place and big Trout. We are heading to Jax this week for the Bigest Kayak Fishing tournament in the world. So we will see how that goes. Last year I got 6th and Jason got 7th so we got some catching up to do.